“Great beer and pizza selection and a lovely, chilled atmosphere.”
Review of Circa Brewing Co

Circa Brewing Co
Ranked #407 of 6,577 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Reviewed July 19, 2018

Its hard to really say what this place is but basically its feels and looks like a modern craft brewery but which randomly has great food and amazing and unusual pizza options in particular. Unassuming on the outside but large on the inside the atmosphere is airy and fun and the staff will tell you all about the range of beers and the bitterness index (which was new to me!).

The pizza was great with the Salumi particularly nice and also the ’62 Hawaii (thank God there isnt a comment section here or people would be telling me how pineapple should not go on pizza!).

We enjoyed is so much we went back! If your around Brooklyn Heights Id recommend popping by.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

My best friend visited Circa during his trip in April and recommended it during our stay. Those of you who appreciate real ale will also find it on the Untapped app.

On my birthday morning we headed over on the subway from midtown into Brooklyn with a view to visiting a few hostelries. The first we came to was Circa and from the moment we entered this vast brewhouse with bar we were served with absolute professionalism and knowledge of the ale and cider available. Thanks go to the lovely woman who served my fiancé and I whilst we sat and chatted at the bar. She really knew her stuff. Plenty of real ale brewed here and I tried some along with some local -ish cider.

The place is clean, really smart looking but is still a brewhouse and bar and is catered to seat many whilst still being really customer focused (it was relatively quiet when we first arrived and got busier. Seeing the tuns behind the bar gives it a special backdrop. Food is also served here though we didn't have any. Great playlist was being played whilst we visited too. Wish I'd bought one of their t-shirts now. A great place, absolutely recommend and I'm glad we started my birthday celebrations there.

Reviewed June 25, 2018

Was invited here, and loved their pizza and beer. Also good for a small event. You can do tours of the brewing process. I liked their golden ale the most

Reviewed June 12, 2018

Ok people, it was 10am; I opted for a bloody mary instead! I really liked the patio/street facing area, as it's great for people watching and to have some lovely fresh Brooklyn air. Waitstaff was very friendly and efficient. Bloody mary wasn't the best I've had, however A) I've tried a lot of bloody mary's so that woulda been crazy, and B) IT'S A BREWERY. Enjoyed the place; would be interested in stopping back in during BEER time.

Reviewed June 10, 2018

As many of you know, shopping at Macy’s can really make you hungry. This and the fact that it was on my birthday, a year older and famished too. So, after buying a great assortment of polo shirts, I was starving.

I pulled out my trusty Moto e4, pulled up my TripAdvisor app and searched for the best and closest qualifying restaurant. Wow, did we luck out. Circa was at the top of the list. Our lives had changed forever (well that may be a slight exaggeration).

They had just finished canning and the floor was soaked (I think with water). You really are in the midst of a brewery. When we were wanting some swill, here is where we would willingly find ourselves (darn, I thought I could get a few more ‘W’ words in).

We were lead to a very nice booth. Given an appropriate length of time and discussion with the staff, we ordered 2 well-crafted beers (London Porter and Malbock). Both were very good, in their own way.

We had a ’62 Hawaii pizza along with a muffaletta sandwich. The cost was on the upper side of our lunch range. However, as mentioned, it was close to Macy’s and it really was my birthday.