“Not Good” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #46 of 69 Hotels in Brooklyn
Breezy Point, New York
“Not Good”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here because my house was destroyed in Breezy Point by Hurricane Sandy. This place is pretty bad, upon walking in the lobby, I was greeted by a big black tranny hooker (not that there is anything wrong with that) and it was all down hill from there. Can't say anything good about this place. It's very loud, doors slamming constantly, no security whatsoever and not in a good neighborhood. And just think all of this for only $200- a night. Definitely do not come here if you have children.

Room Tip: If you are unfortunate enough to stay here, there is a good bar at 59th and 4th called Irish Haven...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank andrew g

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Leicester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel wasn't exactly in the most notable section of Brooklyn, but the place was clean, fairly convenient to the subway and very affordable....I would recommend it for sure! The people running it were very nice, very helpful and free morning breakfast was pretty good too. Oh, did I mention the FREE parking behind the building....very nice to have too!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Quentin L
OXFORD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I'd dreamt for so long of visiting New York and decided just to go for it, life's short and unpredictable. I didn't have the money for a hotel in Manhattan so booked a week at the Sleep Inn. I'd read a mixture of reviews, some good, some bad, and prepared myself for the worst. I brought cleaning products etc. so my holiday wouldn't be spoiled if the room was shoddy. It turned out, I didn't need them - it was spotless, aside from about a centimetre of dust around the edge of the room where it looks asthough the hoover attachment prevents a proper cleaning. The bathroom was massive and sparkling clean, and the room had everything I needed. There were grocery stores and takeways nearby and a fridge in the room so I could chill out with pizza and a beer when I got back at night. I didn't bother with the breakfast, I did so much exploring and walking every day I simply couldn't get up in time! It was about a 7 minute walk to the subway and maybe 15 minutes to Lower Manhattan. I was prepared for this and took a book, although the subway itself was sometimes entertaining - a mariachi band walking up and down was a highlight! This hotel was fine by me - the staff were friendly and on the last day allowed me to store my suitcase after I'd checked out as my flight was quite late, so I could come back and get it in the evening instead of lugging it around all day. If you want to visit NY and can't afford luxury, this place is perfect to take a hot shower and rest your head each night.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank 807Fitz
Montrose, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

The Sleep Inn is a hotel tucked in a neighborhood, which makes it a little hard to find. The staff was friendly and the rooms and lobby were very clean. The size of the room though was a bit of an issue. The bed was so large and the room so small, we had to walk sideways around the room (I even had to step into my suitcase, in order to not break it while walking in the room when it was shut!). The bed was comfortable and while the parking in the hotel lot was very limited, we had no real problem finding parking on the street. Subways near by made travel into Manhattan a breeze. A walk a few blocks away will lead you to some fun pubs and good late night sandwiches. I personally recommend the Union Hall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Niagara Falls, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Hotel is conveniently located and the building is new. For New York, the room size was relatively good. All the furniture was new and comfortable. Parking is limited but we found a free spot inside the hotel.

I have nothing bad to say about the staff, location or the room comfortable. I forgot my sleeping suit in the bathroom, and when I called back the same day, I could not get it back.

Breakfast was good and we were allowed to take it to our bedroom.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Skelmersdale, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

A friend and I stayed one night last week. The bedding was clean and the breakfast was very good. But the rooms weren't as clean as they could have been. There was a lot of dust around the edges of the carpet where it hadn't been cleaned properly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklyn
Sleep Inn Brooklyn Downtown
Comfort Inn Sunset Park / Park Slope
Comfort Inn Sunset Park / Park S...
#392 of 464 in New York City
Sleep Inn Prospect Park South
Sleep Inn Coney Island
Sleep Inn Coney Island
#49 of 69 in Brooklyn

Been to Sleep Inn Brooklyn? Share your experiences!