“just out right disgusting”
Review of Sleep Inn Brooklyn

Sleep Inn Brooklyn
Ranked #49 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“just out right disgusting”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

being that i work in a hotel i really didn't expect for a hotel to even be this disgusting...as soon as i arrived i saw the dropping of mouse all on the bathroom floor as well as bedbugs...there was hair all over the bathroom, tubs were so stained i wouldn't bathe my dog in it and i don't have a dog...the sheets were filthy as well...i called front desk to report this and they switched my room. i was trying to giving them the benefit of the doubt so i switched rooms right next door and that room the ac didn't work...called downstairs again and the front desk clerk told me to try something and that didn't work so they came upstairs and told me i had a choice to go back to the room i was originally in or keep the other i opted to cancel...afterwards i went online to look up the hotel only to find that they had pictures posted of ppl with bite marks of bedbugs and a mouse eating someones food....I don't recommend this to any one...even after being on the road all day and not getting in til 3am i refused to stay there..

Room Tip: no good rooms stay as far away as you can
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank liz e

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New Jersey
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I had waited until the last minute to book a room for a Friday night. This hotel was one of, if not the, last option for us. The room ended up costing $164, more than we would have liked to spend, but were desperate. The tiny parking lot is first come, first served although there appears to be plenty of parking on the street. Upon arrival into our room we were greeted with a musty smell throughout, dirty towels in the bathroom, dried blood on the musty shower curtain, and stained sheets. It wasn't until after our night in the bed did we realize that there were hairballs left from previous visitors at the foot of the bed. My boyfriend saw a roach and did not tell me until after we checked out. The staff was friendly and helpful in calling a taxi for us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank rockstarUSA

Travelers are raving about these Brooklyn hotels

Rochester, New York, USA
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I was in NY celebrating a birthday with love ones. The hotel is a hit and miss meaning if you blink your going to miss it on the street we passed it twice before we finally figured out where they were located. The hotel sits in the back and the parking lot (or lack there of) is extremely small and parking is very busy on the week days but was better on Friday and Saturday. The room was clean, housekeeping was good but the room was very small and not fit for two people, the King size bed took up most of the room and its pretty cramped when housekeeping arrives so when they cleaned the room they asked us to sit in the lobby area lol we didnt mind due to we were headed out anyway. Staff were friendly but our room key had to be changed out more than once due to it wasnt working for our room. The walls were thin we heard other guests in the hallway talking loudy. If you plan to be out & about during your trip then this is a good choice but if you want spaceous and comfort go somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MyView322
Reviewed June 28, 2012

There was trash on the floor from a previous guest. The parking lot was inadequate and the only other option was parking on the street. You could hear other guests talking and doors opening/closing. I could imagine the size and price are typical for NYC but I didn't feel the quality was worth the $200 I paid for 1 night.

• Stayed June 2012
Reviewed June 13, 2012

When I checked in I was told that I needed to provide a different credit card as the one that was used to book the room was made by someone not staying at the hotel. I was then yelled at by the woman at the front desk after my card was declined. As if that wasn't embarrassing enough, she then called her manager to come down to "assist" while I transferred money between my accounts on my phone. The manager, Marc, came downstairs to help "manage" the "situation" which actually only turned it into a situation. He began yelling the woman on staff who was helping me. After he was done trying to figure out how to help, he walked to the door of the behind the counter and started yelling at her again. Then, he walked through the lobby, and turned around and started yelling at her again. Now, she's yelling back at him. This was the most uncomfortable and embarrassing display of stupidity that I have ever seen - not to mention this is HOTEL and I am a CUSTOMER!! Are you kidding? Then, a few days later I got a notice on my bank statement that I was charged twice. What a vacation... Maybe in a few years this will be a good story. By the way, its been a month and I still haven't been refunded.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jamila k
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed May 19, 2012

This is a small, but very clean and friendly hotel in Brooklyn that was both safe and affordable. It is owned by an Indian family and they couldn't have been nicer. Again, sparklling clean and breakfast was good, complete with diy waffles. If you hit it right, you can park in one of the 8 spaces in front of the hotel, but there is free parking under the nearby overpass. We arrived about 1:00, after checkout, but before checkin and got a space. Yes, rooms are small, but welcome to NY! If you walk up a few streets up the hill to 5th or 7th street, there are more restaurants and shops than you can count. Easy access to subways into the city. Great place!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Christine C
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed May 11, 2012

i wasnt expecting broken iron ,iron board, unclean bathroom with blood on tiles and air conditioner that is not working and housekeeping that dosent provide service or clean towels

pros
good price
more then expected breakfast (usually cheap hotels have cold breakfast, they had eggs and sausage)
nearby subway station
friendly desk staff

cons
management trying to save money by not giving housekeeping service
not provinding emough towels
keeping broken iron and board

Room Tip: pay a little extra and go somewhere else if money i not a issue
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends