$199
Hampton.com
$219
  • Pool
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $277/night.

Hotel Le Jolie(Brooklyn)
$178
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $242/night.

$213
$189
Hotel Indigo(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
$218
$171
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $199/night.

$126
$116
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $180/night.

$329
  • Fitness center
$235
$188
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $230/night.

NU Hotel(Brooklyn)
$212
$206
$319
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 10, 2011

In overall we are very pleased with the hotel. It was very clean and nice looking, rather 3 star by European standards. The staff was very kind and helpful, both the night and the day shift. They allowed us to leave our luggage in their office after checking out the last day, so we could go to Manhattan one more time before leaving without dragging our suitcases. The breakfast was small and the same every day, but was a great convenience for tourists like us, leaving early for sightseeing. The area is not nice, but also did not seem dangerous to us.The subway is only meters away and only one line (D) to Manhattan. No transfers needed, 30-35 minutes to Downtown. Our room was 413 and was very quiet, although if you have lousy neighbours you can't avoid the noise. But compared to lower floors where you can hear the ventilation systems below the windows all night (our friends stayed at 313), it was great sleep. Our toilet did not flush well and eventually stopped. They fixed it while we were out. No bugs, hairs and food from previous stays.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor - there as a bar on first floor and then the ventilation system too close to second and third floors. The ice machine is on 5th floor and I heard it was noisy too. So I guess fourth floor is the best.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amandajukova
Reviewed December 14, 2010

I made a short 3-nite trip to NYC to celebrate my son's engagement. I wanted to stay within a reasonable reach of his place in Brooklyn Heights as well as Manhattan. Kings Hotel was only a half-block from a Subway Station, making travel reasonable despite the cold snap that hit New York for my visit.

The reception desk folks were very helpful and always present. Check in and out was a breeze. I was told I wouldn't be able to get a cab to pick me up at 4 am on a Saturday in that part of town - the gal behind the desk made it happen.

The place was modern and had an upscale feel (lots of marble and wood) and the room quite comfortable. The price was easily the best I ran across in my searches.

Other reviews complain of noise, but even with a room directly across from the elevator I had no problems. The hallways are marble, too, and by about 9:30 a.m., the cleaning crews are a bit noisy, but so what?

Two other points 1) arriving late, I was interested in finding dinner, and the staff directed me to menus from restaurants that delivered. I had a tasty and VERY reasonable meal in no time. 2) the hotel is working on remodeling to add a lounge u (city inspections are running slow) -- maybe next time!

I would wholeheartedly recommend, and stay again if/when I can visit this great city again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
7  Thank Kurt_L54
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We weren't expecting luxury accomodations, but after being in the car for 12 hours we did expect friendly service and clean rooms. Upon arrival, we received neither. We were not greeted when we entered the lobby; instead we were made to feel as though we were bothering him. When we inquired about parking, we were told 'it's right there' as he pointed in some general direction. We found an attached parking lot which had enough room for 6 cars; it was full. Since the hotel lists 'Free public parking' available nearby we went inside to ask. We were then told that we could just park on the street but we would have to move the car by 7am as street sweepers come by. I asked where I could move it to and he looked blankly at me. He shrugged his shoulders, offered no suggestions, he could care less. After circling the neighbourhood for 20 mins and discovering there is NO parking anywhere I found a spot several blocks away near a park where people were sleeping on benches. Exhausted I packed up everything from my car and walked back to the hotel not even knowing if my car would be there in the morning.
The hotel appears to be clean at first but upon entering our room we were greeted with a horrible smell. The rooms smell of mildew (especially the bathroom). Hair was on the bedsheets and in the bathroom...disgusting!
It is extremely noisy in the morning. You'd think with all the noise the cleaning staff makes the rooms would be spotless and fresh. Not the case apparently.
This hotel isn't close to anything. We had a car so we just drove everywhere so it wasn't as bad.
Spend the extra money, stay somewhere else!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank deeds001
Reviewed July 22, 2010

We arrived by car, and had some trouble finding the hotel. There are no clear outdoor signs, and the entrance is hidden away, lowered a couple feet from the sidewalk. Once found, we parked the car in a small indoor garage under the hotel. Space is limited, but the garage was very neat and well lit.

The hotel is very clean and has a great ambiance. It is decorated with Asian decorations. The staff was very friendly and the rooms are a pleasure for the eye and nose. The bathrooms in this hotel are an example for every hotel in it's class.

Our room was at the fourth floor, and we had a nice view over Manhattan. A subway station is situated about 500 yards from the hotel. From there, you're in NYC in about 20 minutes, with a direct service to Times Sq and Rockefeller Ctr.

The hotel has only one bad side... And it is really bad.. The beds are like rocks. I did actually managed to get some sleep, but I didn't feel as rested in the morning as I did in other hotels. A real shame as everything looked so good.

All things considered, we paid just under 100$ for a night in a decent hotel located only a couple miles from Manhattan. It's great for exploring the city on a lower budget, and if you appreciate a firmer bed, this might be your hiddem gem.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank LucNetherlands1986
Reviewed April 6, 2010

We booked two nights at Kings hotel on hotelbook.com after reading pretty positive reviews on trip advisor and expedia. We came to visit a friend and we were looking for a place at Brooklyn. The hotel seemed like OK choice considering price and location (close to where our friend stayed). Street looked bad but hotel itself looked clean and decent. Hotelbook charged credit card for one night.. Receptionist charged second night right upon arrival. It was strange but we did not see big issue.
We requested non smoking room and were told that we were getting non smoking room. The room was on third floor. There was an ash tray, it had strong odor of cigarettes, traces of cigarettes on night table walls and ceiling…yeah ceiling it is not a typo. We asked to change the room but we were told that hotel was full and there is no room. It was warm outside so we decided that we would keep a window open. We were real tired and went to bad at 11pm. Despite how exhausted we were there was no chance to sleep at all. There were incredibly loud noises from everywhere: doors wildly slammed, guys yelling, signing, ladies laud giggles and yelling, phones ringing, walky-talky etc., etc. We thought it was just too early and some large group of people just arrived, but it went on and on. Screams and voices got louder and scarier. My husband suggested to call reception but I talked him out of it. I thought it would be safer if we just stay very quiet. Yells, slamming doors and laughs lasted till 10am so we did not have even a minute of sleep.
We went to reception in the morning and asked for refund because we wanted to move to another hotel. Receptionist explained that second and first floors they rent per hour therefore they are bit noisy (bit noisy ha ha) and said she would move us to 5th floor. We insisted on getting refund. Receptionist had several calls with she said manager and explained that she is not allowed to refund our card and that we should cancel reservation through hotelbook and other BS of the kind.. We canceled on line and got cancelation number. Receptionist explained that this is not enough and she need cancelation faxed to her from the reservation site so she can refund our money. Sounds great right?
We called the reservation company (by the way we will never use this site again ) and were told that they are not sending cancelations. They fax reservations only. After wasting two hours we agreed to move to fifth floor. Other option was to loose money or to waste entire day.
In all fairness to the hotel second night was relatively uneventful There was noise but it was distant enough for two people what did not have any sleep a night before. So we did hear noises but they were not as load as it was on third floor so we did sleep that second night.
Bottom line is: if you are looking for a room that is let per hour Kings hotel is a good choice. If you want to have a night sleep pay 10$ extra for some other hotel otherwise you risk to get a room at third floor.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple