“Brilliant”

Ranked #3 of 57 Brooklyn B&B and Inns
Bergen, Norway
“Brilliant”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Had an apartment in Brooklyn, which was really great. I travel a lot and it was good to live in a place that wernt a hotel, but an apartment in the street. Felt more in tune with the place and the apartment had all the facilities needed, even a back garden. Just across the street, there was a grocery store that sold a lot of exciting ecological food, made a great breakfast. I really recommend the apartment, feel like a New Yorker, with your own place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Finnish first
Reigate
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Thank you so much to Mark and his family for making our first trip to the U.S so much fun! We were welcomed into a gorgeous parlour filled with gorgeous ethnic furniture, a killer book collection and free tea and coffee. After a long journey it was heaven to stand under a powerful shower which is still part-original from the 1920's! Our room had all those exciting little extras and top quality linens added to a feeling of space and luxury. Mark is a gentleman and a wealth of knowledge. What adds even more to the charms of Lefferts Manor is the location- the subway is a five minute walk and zips you straight into Manhattan, and after a long day seeing the sights of NYC it's an utter relief to stroll up the wide, peaceful avenue towards 'home'! Within a stone's throw of Mark's place there's a top notch (and great value) Japanese restaurant, authentic Indian restaurant, and a fabulous pub where we met some great people!
We won't be staying anywhere else on future trips to NYC, thanks again! :)

Room Tip: We stayed in the peaceful McManus room on the top floor, with a beautiful iron bed and polished wood...
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Mark and his staff have been warm, welcoming, and full of good advice. The rooms were just like an English country manor, with big beds, fluffy pillows, and the overall feel of a cared-for turn of the (19th) century house. It was snowing in New York and very cold during my stay, but the heating was warm and the showers hot and plentiful! Moreover, Mark himself was the perfect host and his enthusiasm for Brooklyn made every inquiry a story in itself. The neighbourhood is easy to navigate, and very safe. There was a trendy coffee/bagel shop on the way to the Subway (Lincoln Park entrance), and a wonderful restaurant on the corner of Lincoln Street as well. I even found a place where they sell those Catholic candles in glass that I really like, with a shop window full of saints' statues! Your Jamaican barber is right there too!
My stay at Lefferts was further enhanced by the nice and interesting people that were there at breakfast time; and breakfast itself was plentiful and very healthy and tasty. Great to sit down and start the day with fruit, coffee, and bagels or eggs and bacon or quiches. I took a great many business cards with me and will continue to recommend this wonderful place that was home in Brooklyn for my 8 days there. Thank you Mark!

Room Tip: If you are just there for a couple of nights, the little Bradley Room is great for solo travelers. B...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lindy G
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I had an amazing stay in Brooklyn. I originally booked a room on Rutland, but Mark the innkeeper called just to make sure I knew it was a shared bathroom. I was okay with that, but Mark then offered to convert me to the Lafayette suite. It's in Fort Greene, my fav part of Brooklyn and was a beautiful property. It had a private bathroom and full kitchen. I walked everywhere, and the neighborhood was great. Mark is a great innkeeper and communicates very fast and effectively. He also offers to book your transportation from the airport which I recommend. The service they use is very good also. The only thing I was upset about is that I couldn't stay longer!

• Stayed January 2013
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Whenever I go to New York, I would stay at Lefferts Manor in Brooklyn. Close to Prospect Park this B and B has comfortable (Reasonably priced for New York) rooms and is very close to the Metro. You can pick up a bagel and a coffee for around $3 from a local store and the owner will go out of their way to welcome you and show you where is best to go on a map. I have stayed here three times now and would stay again!

Room Tip: The Fitzgerald Room is huge, cosy and clean!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Fullerface4
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I originally booked the Osborne and was upgraded to the Jefferson. It was a lovely room and a really nice location. It's not too far from the subway which was especially convenient for us because we attended a Nets game! Everything was fantastic and I would love to stay here again. Thanks Mark!

1 Thank Elly M
Portland, Maine
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We just ran down to NYC for a few days in the middle of the week. The location of Lefferts was great, as we were able to leave our car on the street the whole time. The Metro was only a 6 minute walk away, and on the Q line, so it ran all night. The room was very nice, quite roomy, and comfortable. Shared the bathroom with one other room, though we didn't even see them. Really liked the bottles of water, the Kuerig, and the WiFi worked great. All in all a nice place for a quick jaunt to the city.

1 Thank JesseAndBen