“Lefferts Manor is a lovely brownstone in a quiet part of Brooklyn with nice accommodations and above all, clean!”

Lefferts Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 56 Brooklyn B&B and Inns
PA
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I stayed solo this time and took the small room on the third floor - perfect for me. The linens were high quality and the bed was comfy. The owner, Mark, was there to greet me and give me any info I needed to get around on the subway or find a good restaurant. A nice breakfast was served in the morning with lots of great coffee. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank PaBurghgirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Finnish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Came to the guest house as part of an article we were writing in a UK magazine.

We loved the location, loved the shabby chic soul of the venue and more importantly loved the owner Mark, a truly helpful, genuine and hospitable host, great for advice, guidance, truly the unofficial ambassador for Brooklyn, which incidentally we LOVED infinitely more than Manhattan.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Faye P
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I absolutely loved my stay in the Washington Suite of the Fort Greene apartments. Before we had even booked Mark was really helpful to do everything he could to accomodate us which boded incredibly well for the rest of the trip. On arrival Mark was there to greet us to settle us in and gave lots of advice on places to visit and how to get around.

The washington suite was spacious with 2 rooms; which was perfect for us as we were travelling as a small group which included an 11 year old child. The room had a nice view of the Park, it was simply and tastefully decorated and the beds were really comfortable. The suite was half of an apartment so you shared a bathroom with just one other room. however the other suite had use of the kitchen which would have been handy for us as we were staying for 2 weeks, but we did have a fridge and a coffee machine

The apartments were in a great location near to plenty of nice cafes and restaurants, walkable distance to brooklyn bridge, or several subway stations which meant being within 15 minutes of central manhattan, along with direct access to Coney island, Williamsburg and Queens.

Brooklyn itself is great place to explore and hang out, There were plenty of things going on in the area or in nearby Williamsburg such as cafes, galleries, gigs and vintage stores. The brooklyn flea market was only a few blocks away which was great way to spend a saturday afternoon avoiding the hecticness of Manhattan.

New York is not a place to go for cheap accommodation and prior to booking i spent ages trying to find a nice and decently located hotel and i couldn't have wished for a better place to stay. For the price i paid i'm certain we would not have got anything near to the same quality on Manhattan.

The apartments were perfect for a 2 week visit and in that time we really did begin to feel like we were at home and the area was our neighbourhood. I just wish we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: Book the whole apartment if you can afford it
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank velveteeny
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed April 22, 2011

We took this trip for my daughter to check out some colleges in the area. We had to change our plans several times, and Marc was so understanding. He worked with us on all the details to help make this a trip to remember. He helped us to plan our excursions and gave us invaluable advice, as we had never been to New York before.
The rooms were immaculate. The beds are extremely comfortable. All the comforts of home.
Thank you!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank gim044
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed April 17, 2011

We stayed only for a couple of nights and in the smallest room of the house (The Bradley Room), but we can say for sure that the hosts were great, the house in general was very clean and with everything we needed, the location was close to the metro, and in particular the breakfast was excellent! The Bradley Room is a good option for a short stay, but the other rooms seemed much bigger and better suited for a longer stay.

Room Tip: The Bradley Room is a good value for money option
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gpedakakis9
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Last minute I delegated to my more streetwise son the responsibility for getting me the best value for money accommodation in New York, which I believe he duly achieved. Firstly I appreciated the great welcome and, I later realised, self sacrifice in sticking around for my much later arrival than predicted.
In general I hate hotels - with work, I used to live in them 4 days a week. Here I had control of my own ample space, real air, no stupid night machinery noises etc. and people who wanted to be doing what they were doing and great to talk to, not unwilling employees. This applies to all 3 of the locations Mark oversees, all of which I happened to visit.
Much appreciated breakfasts which I overstayed massively chatting - as a Brit in the US for the first time I enjoyed the opinions of savvy Americans and visitors across the world. To my surprise I spent my first full day just floating around Brooklyn - parks, shops, eateries and a free (1st time only) swim at the local YMCA - pretty relaxed vibe, especially compared to where I last worked around London - prices in restaurants massively cheaper too (I enjoyed Madiba most).
Easy subway access to Manhattan. When I return to New York i'll stay at Lefferts.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I found Lefforts Manor on the internet and fell in love with the pictures, I called and booked and spoke to Mark months before I was to arrive. I was going to be staying for a month and people were saying yes but what if you don't like it. Let me tell you there is nothing at Lefforts you won't like. It has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere the minute you walk through the door. The hosts Mark and Monica (and their family) are fabulous, loving, family oriented people who go out of their way to chat and help you get your barings. They are very knowledgable about Brooklyn and New York and are both well worth listening to and they are so social and interested in what you have to talk about or what you had done with your day. The metro bus stop is at the end of the street and not far from there is the subway, so convenient. I would highly recommend a stay here in this beautiful Brown Stone Home or any of their associated accommodations as the Osbornes have a great idea of what you need while you are away from home and one more thing, the Breakfasts are to die for. I was very sad to say goodbye as I felt I was leaving family behind.

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo