“Enjoyable dinner but not what I expected”
Review of Caffe e Vino

Caffe e Vino
Reserve with OpenTable
Caffe e Vino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #207 of 5,415 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ashland Place
Transit: Close to Dekalb Ave train stop with B,M,Q,R. Also, Atlantic Ave stop 2,4,6,
philadelphia
“Enjoyable dinner but not what I expected”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I chose this restaurant for its proximity to the Brooklyn Academy of Music to which we had evening tickets. Never having been to BAM or this neighborhood after some research I found this place. The food we ordered was very delicate (an octopus/calamari appetizer, a fish dish and the meatballs), so much so that I suspect the recipes are from close to the French border. I was in the mood for something more robust and typically Italian, but it was quite good and enjoyable.
The price was right too. In the future, though, I think I would seek out other options in the
neighborhood. We explored it and found some goodies.

• Visited April 2013

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“A special restaurant in Brooklyn”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The food in this little cafe in Brooklyn is worth a return visit. Freshly made, Northern Italian pasta, salads, and fish. A must try when in Brooklyn-Fort Green area.

Brooklyn, New York
“CLOSEST ITALIANT RESTAURANT FOR BAM”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just 5 mins walk from both the BAM Opera House and also the Harvey Theater (which is even closer), Caffe e Vino on Dekalb Avenue doesn't look like anything special from outside (and its neighborhood stores don't inspire !), but once through the doors, it is all fine. I agree that the tables are somewhat close together (as I expect they need to maximize the use both pre- and post-BAM) so expect to eavesdrop on conversations. The food is great and they always have a great choice of traditional Italian dishes to chose from. Many daily specials.
If BAM is open, then it's really necessary to book, especially for pre-show dinner. They also stay open late, which helps night owls. Friendly and efficient staff too.

1 Thank Timothy G
Coconut Creek, Florida
“Yum!!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Had lunch at Caffe e Vino this afternoon. There was no one in the restaurant at 12:00pm, and I started silently questioning the people who recommended that we eat here. After eating our meal, I questioned it no more!!! We ordered the Panino Casereccio...grilled chicken, tomatoes, mozzarella and arugula. The BEST grilled chicken sandwich I have eaten in a LONG time!! The service was fast and efficient, and the price was decent. I would LOVE to go back for dinner sometime. :) The only issue I would have had is that the place seemed really small - everything was really close together...but since we were the only 2 people in the restaurant for about 15-20 mins, it wasn't such a big deal.

1 Thank pt320
Sydney
“All great !”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had arrived in Fort Green as newcomers from Australia, this was our first experience locally and we all walked away with smiles on out faces. Excellent service and great food, well done to all the staff.

We chose an antipasta plate to start which was simple and tasty, this was followed by a pasta dishes each. I had the linguine shrimp which was aldente, not oily and very authentic, YUM! Kids and wife had a selection and all were impressed.

I would happily recommend this as a great, "non-chain" restaurant run by people who care

• Visited December 2012