“Great Tour, Great Guide”
Review of A Tour Grows in Brooklyn - CLOSED

A Tour Grows in Brooklyn
Reviewed September 3, 2010

I've taken this tour twice now. Having just moved here, I thought it would give me a few good stories about the neighborhood. Instead I got a fascinating three hour tour that covers much of Brooklyn history, architecture, and general points of interest, with a slew of great anecdotes and off hand stories. Rick is a perfect tour guide. He grew up here, knows everyone in the neighborhood, and has done all of the research to cover any questions one might have. He's a great historian and a natural storyteller. This is the perfect way to get to know Brooklyn, whether you're visiting or have been here for years. I'll be taking my parents next time they visit.

Reviewed August 13, 2010

Rick provided a great personal, historical and current perspective on South Brooklyn as we made our way through the Park Slope and Prospect Park areas. A fun and educational introduction to Brooklyn, capped by a good slice of pizza.

Reviewed August 11, 2010

I just took this tour and it was fantastic. Rick's knowledge of Brooklyn past and present was apparent and his stories (both personal and historical) made the tour such a rich experience. The tour provided a perfect combination of historic and current social, political, and architectural information. Rick is the real deal, a great personality and a pleasure to be around. He knew most of the people we encountered on the street, and we were even invited into a gorgeous old houses owned by a friend of his. The pizza towards the end was a welcome treat! I've been to NYC a few times but never to Brooklyn. I'm so glad I visited Brooklyn this time and that I did so with Rick. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting NYC.

Reviewed August 2, 2010

Rick was very knowledgeable about the area and it's history. He is professional and has a great sense of humor. It was a pleasure getting a tour from a local who grew up in the neighborhood and knew the place so well. I enthusiastically recommend this tour for anyone visiting NYC.

Reviewed July 9, 2010

My grandson and I just took this tour (A Tour Grows In Brooklyn) and highly recommend it. Rick really knows his stuff and the three hours just flew by. Plus the slice of pizza at the end of the tour (which is included in the tour) was great. Better than the pizza we had the night before at Grimaldi's !! (Sorry Grimaldi's)
Jann and Harrison