“Loved it!”

Aloft New York Brooklyn
Ranked #21 of 73 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed three weeks for business. The staff was super friendly and very accomodating. The hotel rooms are very clean and te bed was very comfortable. Will stay there again. Although there was construction, the staff did everything in their power to make the guests happy. It didnt bother me as I was gone from 8-5pm.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank RachelM75
Jean P, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Hi RachelM75,

Happy to hear you loved our staff and clean guest rooms. Thank you for the commendable review.

Safe Travels

Write a ReviewReviews (1,056)

Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is a potentially very nice hotel. However, the construction next door is completely disruptive. The odor in the hotel is terrible as a result. The hotel on the side of the construction literally shakes. I was on the 15th floor and was awoken as if I was in an earthquake at 710am. STAY AWAY until October 2014 when the construction is completed. I am sure it will be wonderful then.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank shandmade

Hi shandmade,

Sorry for the temporary construction noise next door. As a correction to your post, the removal of the concrete slab is scheduled to be completed before mid-december of this year. We have absolutely no odor. The new luxury shopping center next to our hotel will only add to the savvy over the top amenities we currently offer our guests. I do thank you so very much for loving our hotel despite this isolated incident. Safe Travels, Stay Safe and Have a Great Year End!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

+ Aloft standards: In-room safe and fridge for personal use
+ Quick and pro room-service experience
+/- Gym available but quite small
- Noise from (temporary) construction. I was on a high floor so my sleep wasn't affected much but the noise in the lobby was so bad that we couldn't even have a conversation with the receptionist.
- Poor room-to-room noise isolation. I was in a connected room, could hear my neighbor's TV very clearly, one morning even got woken up by their alarm clock!

Room Tip: Avoid connected rooms, if possible, due to poor noise isolation
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank janpopovic

Hello janpopovic,

I apologize for the temporary construction noise, the good news is the developer is practically done removing the concrete wall and noted a target completion date before mid-december of this year.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I would have wanted to rate this hotel highly. The bed was great, the room was very nice and spotless, and roomy. The hotel had a great gym and pool area.

We had been warned, both on the website and by the SPG phone reservation agent, that there was weekday construction noise "in the vicinity" of the hotel. What we were not warned about was that there was demolition of a concrete slab connected to the hotel. The first morning of our stay, at 7:05am we were surprised by the violent hammering sending vibrations throughout the building, even to the higher floors. Two subsequent weekend mornings were fine; we checked out early so as not to be there for the Monday morning construction.

The price of the hotel is not cheap. We are not demanding travelers, but we found that the front desk staff were inconsistently professional, with some individuals unacceptable. Additional training and scrutiny of the staff is required. Even for a "hip" and casual atmosphere, staff should be more pleasant and customer oriented.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Needagoodbed

Hi Needagoodbed,

I mentioned the following to another guest -"I apologize for the temporary construction noise, the good news is the developer is practically done removing the concrete wall and noted a target completion date before mid-December of this year." Needagoodbed, despite the construction advisory posted on our websites the demand for our hotel is extremely high. But also note this, compared to hotel rates in Manhattan we are still an unbelievable bargain without question. Thanks.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for four nights. It's located near Brooklyn Hall, within walking distance of the Brooklyn Bridge. It's a new building in an area undergoing intensive gentirification.
The room was small. It had everything one might need but I felt that I was in a space station in which everything was planned for compact utility. The hotel is clean, has a small bar in the lobby and a room off the lobby where on can sit and chat, or read, or use a computer. The service was very friendly, efficient, and polite.
My only major complaint was the price. By my reckoning it is overpriced for the level of infrastructure and the location. I had no choice so I booked and paid, but if I wasn't on the clock I would have looked for a more reasonably priced accomodation.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JackP47

Hi JackP47,

Thank you for the positive comments about our hotel. Safe travels and have a good year end.

All The Best,

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Arrived at hotel only to find that our discount reservation company hadn't gotten the necessary info to them. Unlike some online complaints, front desk staff patiently worked out the glitches and surprised us by giving us a major upgrade to a suite. We loved our room and have only good feelings about our treatment.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tennisaceWayne_PA
Jean P, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Hi tennisaceWayne_PA,

Thank you for the excellent review. We have a very caring staff. I've had a good amount of travelers tell me personally the online negative comments are like night and day. They love this small boutique and sassy hotel and enjoy the attentive happy go lucky staff. I thank you for your kind words. Please come back and visit us again. All The Best!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

My partner and I stayed just one night just to try some local experience back in late 2012 during holiday season. Room was clean and well organized. We enjoyed our room. Front desk, not quite. Lack of smile and didn't feel like professional enough. Overall I gave it a C+. For budget travel, it's doable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SimplyEasyNYC
Jean P, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Hello SimpleNYC,

Thank you for your feedback from your stay a year ago. I invite you to come back soon. As the new GM for this property a lot of new & exciting guest service initiatives have taken place since 2012.

JP