1,126 results
All reviews new york front desk staff rooftop bar fulton mall jay st barclays center few blocks subway station lobby nyc spg hip valet neighborhood cab jfk deli
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed for a few days and it was like being on a construction site. Dust and mess everywhere. No bar, no lounge, just tarps, fog, lines at the front desk, very awkward inexperienced concierges and every night spent being woken up by staff yelling on the alarm system to PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE ALARM! NO NEED TO LEAVE YOUR ROOMS! Over and over. 3am. LOUD. 4am. You could hear the alarm through the P.A. when they yelled, but there was no alarm sounding on our floors to begin with. You just had to laugh or you'd cry. City that never sleeps -- for real. I also used points for one of the 3 nights and had to wait in line the next morning to fake check out and check in, showing ID and everything all over again. Nothing but delays. I've stayed in a half dozen different Alofts in North America and this was the worst. The room was excellent, but everything else needed help. They need to get their act together, finish the hotel and hire better staff. Room for improvement. If they can improve, I'd stay here again, but right now I'm wary.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2012

A double espresso cost 7$ here. From an automatic machine (no barista). This is the lobby convenience so your not seated. Always fun to feel you're being robbed. This shoud be the most expensive espresso in the whole world. Welcome to Aloft where your day begin in so much luxury.

The room are ok, but you have to like the pseudo-modern-boutique blabla.

The lobby is a construction site... I'd like to know that befor going there. But you can buy a 7$ espresso so it's cool.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Timothy G G, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Aloha,

Thanks for your recent comments regarding our hotel. Thanks for your patience as we strive to provide great service to each of our guests. I am sorry that you feel that we did not meet your expectations as we went through a light lobby floor restoration process which triggered the fire alarms. This process has ended as we worked to complete this job ASAP. We would like for your to visit us again and would like for you to contact me directly so I can make your travel arrangements personally.

I have added my email address for contact and look forward to speaking with you directly.

Timothy.gilbert@aloftnewyorkbrooklyn.com

Reviewed August 22, 2012

The Aloft Management chose to continue with renovating the lobby area, thus eliminating the customer use of computers for searches and flight check-ins. Instead of working at night or possibly at off-hours, they decided in inconvenience its customers. In addition, I had attempted to use the joint pool that is shared with the Sheraton next door, only to be faced with locked doors and told that hours were very sporadic (most of the afternoon hours closed). And finally, the noise from the rooftop disco nightclub was heard all the way down 4 floors to our 20th floor room. We were given the chance to move but chose to stick it out. But when the main floor bar was closed for the renovation,everyone moved upstairs and the noise only increased.

I will commend Barbara, one of the front desk personnel, who helped us through the mess. She assisted my brother,who used his SPG Gold Member points for 3 of the 4days. We were advised that management wouldn't allow the reservation staff to process the reward points at one time and the purchase night together. We were forced to come to the front desk 3 mornings to re-enter our credit card info and reserve our room again. Such backward thinking and poor customer service made us decide to NEVER stay at an ALOFT property again. We will stick to Sheratons and Westins in this chain.

Room Tip: Request mid floor room, between 10-15 to avoid road noise and top floor disco sounds.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank perfectlyfrank
Timothy G G, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Aloha,

Thank you for the recent comments regarding your stay. As we renovate our new lobby floor to give our guests even better amenities we really appreciate your patience through this process and would like to give you an opportunity to come visit with us again complimentary. I have enclosed my email address for your future travel plans and again we apologize as we strive to improve and enhance our areas.

timothy.gilbert@aloftnewyorkbrooklyn.com

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The Brooklyn Alfot was the perfect cool down from Manhattan. The surrounding area, Brooklyn Heights, the Promenade and Cobble Hill were all within walking distance. The Aloft has a city feel, although you also have feel like you have space. Lauren Valverde, at the front office made sure we were well looked after and treated us like VIP's!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Timothy G G, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Aloha,

Thank you for your recent comments as I have shared with my teams. We are looking forward to your return visit I have included my email address for any addtional comments or future travel plans.

Thanks again,
timothy.gilbert@aloftnewyorkbrooklyn.com

Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is my first Aloft visit. It has very interesting style. Reminds me of a european hotel in terms of styling. I only stayed for one night and was not in my room very much.
The location was great. Right next to a couple of subway lines which I found to be very convenient especially coming back at 4am.
This hotel is very lively with a pool table in the lobby. Very nice touch. Patrons seem to be younger then average (20's and 30's) which was a nice change to the usual family / older crowd. The
I would say the staff was extremely accommodating. I was given late checkout till 4:30 with no hassle and it was a Saturday checkout too.
Price: Amazing! Very affordable especially for New York .

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Timothy G G, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Aloha,

Thank you for your recent comments. We are so happy that you enjoyed your visit with us. I have shared your comments with my teams and am including my email address for any future travel plans and additional comments.

Thanks again,