“Great find in Brooklyn!”

Aloft New York Brooklyn
Ranked #20 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great find in Brooklyn!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

We stayed at the Aloft Brooklyn for one night this past weekend. We found it to be perfect for us. Our son lives in Park Slope so this property was a easy subway ride. When we arrived we were able to get into our room early which is always a nice thing to do. The front desk folks were very nice and accommodating. I had requested a quiet room, as in not attached to another, and one that faced the Brooklyn skyline which is exactly what we received. The room was adorable and not as small as many rooms in Manhattan. The bed was very comfortable and free water is always good! Also, great shower :) The decor was so funky and modern in the room and the lobby. The location was great as I previously mentioned and it was one block from the fun Dekalb City Market-crafts and eateries and a few blocks from the famous "Juniors Restaurant." We look forward to returning as soon as we can. Almost forgot-the room was so reasonable it was ridiculous!!!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask when you call for the reservation exactly want you want and I am sure they will try a...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SandiB274

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

I have never stayed at an aloft property and really wanted to try one out.
I got a good rate at this property and wanted to give it a shot.
It turned out to be a big disappointment. The staff there were rude and unhelpful. Despite my platinum membership, I got no upgrade and the room I checked into was noisy. The bed was comfy nonetheless. I was supposed to stay for a few days but I decided to leave this property and go back to Manhattan. When I asked the front desk person to get me a cab, he said someone at the front door would help me. That guy at the front door wanted me to take a "private" car that's 5 times the price. To get a regular taxi, I had to walk 4 blocks for one. Ridiculous! I will never stay at this property ever again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank BforBoy
West Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

Stayed at the Brooklyn Aloft over Thanksgiving. Was a half block from the 2 and 3 subway and two blocks to the original Junior's deli. Staff were great, bar had champagne at cost. If you have been in an Aloft, you know exactly what the room was like. The top floor lounge with Manhattan views was closed for the holiday, alas. All in all, a good stay.

Room Tip: Manhattan view is very nice.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

The aloft hotel in Brooklyn was nice. We drove up from VA and didn't get to the hotel until 2am and we had no problem checking in. The rooms are a little small but we didn't spend much time in it. The subway was really close and we had no problems getting into Manhattan. We went to the Delkab Market around the corner that sells jewelry, clothes, crafts.

• Stayed December 2011
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2011

We traveled to New York for the Thanksgiving Holidays, stayed 5 days and choose to stay in Brooklyn due to the proximity of our family members who reside in Brooklyn. When we arrived early, staff was very helpful in getting us checked into a room before “check-in” time. Our hotel room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the view from our room not so great, but that was “OK” we hardly spent time in the room. Throughout our stay hotel staff was very helpful and welcoming. Next door to the Aloft is a roof top bar for appetizers and drinks. The Aloft has a great location, they are conveniently located in downtown Brooklyn near shopping stores and some great diners all within walking distance. Not to mention they are right around the corner from the Subway –Jay St. & Metro Tech. We caught the “F” train which took us straight into Manhattan and we were able to accomplish a lot of sightseeing with ease. Look forward to returning or staying at another Aloft in the near future.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank TXtravelerHouston
Aloft_Brooklyn, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Dear TXTH,

What a great review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay here on Tripadvisor. Sounds like you had an amazing time and honestly, I'm thrilled that my staff was able to be apart of it and make your holiday a good one. We do try our very best here.

It also sounds like you know this section of Brooklyn pretty well with all the shopping and places to eat you mentioned. We do love our location too.

Thanks again for the outstanding review and I hope that you and yours have an amazing holiday season this year and a great 2012 New Year!

Best Regards,
Karl E. Baugher
New Orleans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

The Aloft Hotel is my second home. I have been traveling for business for several months and I wouldn't stay anyway else. The staff there make the experience pleasant and they are almost like family now. I always feel welcome and appreciated when I arrive and throughout my stay. The staff is attentive to the needs of their guests and strive to provide the highest quality of service. The funky, modern design of the hotel is refreshing and makes the hotel feel less like a location to just sleep and more of a place to live and have fun. Despite it not being in Manhattan, I would always recommend the Aloft Brooklyn to my friends and family for future stays because of the convenience to various Metro locations and the great level of service. The rooms are comfortable and large compared to other rooms in New York area. The hotel is very conveniently located by an outdoor mall that provides a variety of retail outlets and restaurants. I would highly recommend the Aloft Brooklyn to anyone.

Room Tip: Lower floors are quieter on weekend because there is a club that gets fairly busy on the top of the...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank SaintsGirl22
Aloft_Brooklyn, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this review, December 3, 2011
Dear Saintsgirl22,

It's great to hear from you on here and thank you so much for writing a review about your stays here with us. I post all reviews on here in my employee breakroom for the staff to see and I'm sure they will get a great kick and boost from your comments. Knowing we have a repeat guest that stays with us means allot to them and myself as well.

Thank you for all of your business and I hope that you will continue to think of the Aloft as your second home while you're on the road. Best wishes for a happy and safe holiday season.

Karl Baugher
Asbury Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

When I saw pictures in their website, they were not pictures but renderings.
well, I got there and the place is the coolest Hotel...the stuff awesome and the attention I got was exceptional.
The room was very clean and comfortable.
The closet is not a closet but a cuby just enough to fit some cloths.
The bathroom super clean and a big shower.
I'll definitively recommend...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chimango
Aloft_Brooklyn, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Dear Chimango,

Wow, thanks for such a great review of our hotel and your recent stay here with us at the Aloft Hotel. First I'd like to thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor. I know so many people turn to Tripadvisor to get the low down on what the hotel is really about. It means alot to us when a guest reviews us, good or not so good. I'm hoping you also got to experience Brooklyn itself and all the things there are to do around here.

Please, if you travels ever take you back to the NYC area again, we'd love to have you stay with us. We get a kick out of guests that return and see the different things we do around here each month to shake things up and keep the hotel unique.

Best Wishes