1,141 results
All reviews new york rooftop bar front desk staff fulton mall jay st cheesecake barclays center few blocks lobby nyc subway spg hip valet neighborhood jfk deli
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Customer Service upon initial check in:
The service could have been better, I felt like I was a bother and annoyed them. This area gave me a poor first impression of what I believed the Aloft stood for. They failed for me here.

Room:
The room was nicely appointed, the bed was comfortable and the air worked well. The shower was clean and hot. The vanity mirror light was out which I was notified of .I felt like it was not enough light for me to do makeup,but I made it work.

Hotel service:
I called the 800 number before I arrived at the hotel and asked if refrigerators were available, I was told they are in every room and once I arrived this was not the case they are in limited quantities and are on a first come first serve basis. I was also a bit disappointed by the fact that I had to recheck in, I extended my stay an extra day because all flights were cancelled due to hurricane Irene. They made me come back down to the desk and redo everything which was odd, but I complied. I was not a happy guest in the first 24 hours upon being there, I felt ignored and un-welcomed. However that feeling changed when I was greeted with a great smile and warm welcome at the front desk from Kameo, he was awesome. He is was service is about, despite my ranting he remained calm and collected and helpful. He assisted with directions and never made it seem as if i was taking up his time and I am forever grateful for that. He is an example of what customer service should be.

Housekeeping:
All members of this team were Awesome, friendly, warm and caring about the guest. This department shined, Chris went above his duty to help me. He himself was a guest/worker in the hotel due to Irene and he never complained once. He just assisted everyone and tried to make us all as comfortable as possible considering we were all stuck in the hotel until the storm passed. His hard work should not go unrecognized.

Parking
I paid $33 per day for valet and never got valet service beside the first time, I was self parking and paying valet rates . I was even charged $33 when the entire city of NYC was shut down, no tolls, no nothing and I was still charged. That was a rip off.

Location
This hotel is in a great location, but be careful of the directions if you are driving....it can be tricky. The hotel is close to shopping, food, subways...and appeared safe at night as well.

Misc.
They have snacks in the hotel, free internet in the rooms and they have BLISS products which was nice. The gym was small but well equipped in my opinion , it had all the essential equipment. They also have a small terrace that connects to a small pool shared with the Sheraton next door.

In essence my stay, which started off terrible ended up memorable. Kameo and Chris made my first trip to NYC wonderful with their acts of professionalism and going above and beyond for the guest they service. Hospitality is something that should never be overlooked or undermined.
I shall return to this hotel the first week November ( I have booked already) so hopefully when I check in again, I am greeted properly and treated like a real guest this time. I must also say that during the Hurricane the staff remained calm and I felt safe during it all. With all that said, I say job well done guys and I hope to see you soon.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Meechie2cute
Aloft_Brooklyn, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2011

Dear Meechie,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay here with us. I believe I may have talked to you in the lobby as well and you expressed your concerns. I do appreciate that and wanted to thank you for mentioning Kameo and Chris both. I will make sure they know you wrote about them.

Also, thanks for booking again. I hope this time around when you check in you are thrilled completely with your stay.

Best Regards for a great holiday weekend and we'll see you in a couple months.

Thanks

Reviewed September 2, 2011

Brooklyn had been suggested to us by several friends as the ideal base to make a relaxing holiday trip to New York. They were not wrong. What a wonderful part of town to really experience New York: great shopping (the clothing and shoe bargains were amazing!), great food (try the corn beef hash for breakfast at Junior's) and most of all, great people. From the hotel staff to the shopkeepers in Fulton Street Mall, to the wait staff in Brooklyn's Montague Street, 5th Avenue and Chinatown, to the people just out and about, we were greeted with wall-to-wall friendliness. It was a truly gratifying and humbling way to visit a city we had already fallen in love with, the last time that we were here.

As for the Aloft Hotel Brooklyn, well, we had wanted a comfortable, convenient locale to rest our weary heads in between all of the usual shopping, eating and sightseeing and in those regards, this hotel delivered to the max. Our room was light and airy, the king-sized bed, totally dreamy, and the TV channel selection, more than adequate. From the moment that we arrived to checkout some nine days later, this hotel passed our acid test of feeling just like home. Better still, because we could simply step out the front door and into the heart of Brooklyn itself or onto one of several nearby subway trains for the quick commute into Manhattan. We are sure that the Aloft Hotel Brooklyn will soon become a 'must do' location for travellers wanting to 'experience' rather than merely 'visit' the great city of New York.

Highly recommended.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Ultimo167,

What a great review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review in tripadvisor.com on your stay with us here at the Aloft in Brooklyn. We were really excited to read your comments and glad you had a great time all the way around.

I'm sure the folks over at Juniors will be thrilled to that you mentioned their food. It's a landmark here in Brooklyn and we get nothing but great comments about their food.

Thanks again for the great review and for staying with us. We hope if you are ever this way again you'll stay with us and experience us all over again.

Reviewed August 31, 2011

We stayed at aLoft Brooklyn during Hurricane Irene (and two days thereafter). We could not have imaged a better experience, even with the impending Hurricane's arrival. The friendly staff greeted us and welcomed our family (2 adults and 2 children) very warmly. Anything we asked for was provided promptly. The rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, and everything just worked as it should. We stayed at 4 other hotels during our 2 1/2 week vacation and this was by far the best run property of the bunch. Highly recommend next time we travel to New York area.

We loved the location as it was 30 second-walk to the New York subways, and very close to Fulton St., Court and Smith Streets and easily accessible to most of the NY area. Property was set back enough from the main streets (Fulton St Mall, Flatbush, WIlloughby) so the rooms were more quiet than the typical New York area hotel (minimal street traffic noise). Free wi-fi was a bonus!

Highly recommend this property.

Room tip: Clean, quiet, and comfortable
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank GLK_CPA
Aloft_Brooklyn, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2011

Dear Freq,

I'm extremely pleased to see your review and so glad the storm was more mild here in our area then expected. It was our pleasure to serve you and your family while here in Brooklyn and glad we were able to assist in anyway to make your stay more comfortble.

Please, if you travels ever take you back to the New York City area, give us another try. So many people stayed in the hotel because of the hurricane and there is so much to do in this area when the sun is shining.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

I recently stayed at the aloft Brooklyn for an overnight shopping trip. The hotel is located in the downtown BK area. It is near the BK Bridge and minutes from Manhattan. I've stayed in the area before (actually several times right next door) so I am quite familiar with the surroundings. Overall the area is safe. It is busy during the day when all of the stores are open. It can seem quite isolated at night but with the train within walking distance & cabs available it is an ideal location for hoping around NY.

The hotel is very nice. It is new and the staff was really nice and went out of their way to help us. After a long day of shopping with the kids it was really nice to come back to the hotel and be treated so well. I would like to especially say thank you to Edwin who was so sweet to me and recommended that I go up to the rooftop lounge. The rooftop lounge was so relaxing and the views were beautiful. The hotel rooms were small (expected for NY) but fully functional and the decor was really current and hip (but not trendy or over done). The beds were comfortable and everything was clean (the halls, the rooms, the lobby, even the public bathroom areas within the hotel). I didnt get the opportunity to check out the gym or pool (I think that this hotel shares with the Sheraton). Overall, my stay was great!! I definitely plan to stay here again!!

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Yaayaa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We really appreciate the fact that you've stayed next door and then also with us. I hope in the future if your travels take you back here to the NYC area you will stay with us again.

Best regards for a safe rest of the summer and thank you so much again!

Reviewed August 29, 2011

We visited NYC and stayed here with our 3 kids in connecting rooms. The rooms were very nice decorated and the beds were very good. We got to bed early due to a jetlag and we did not wake up... it was very quiet at night. The staff is very professional and orders taxis, provides with maps... the only minor was indeed the vanity light that was broken in both rooms, you do not see a thing in the bathroom!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Aloft_Brooklyn, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Dear Karla020,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review on our hotel. I'm so glad you selected our hotel for your lodging needs while here in New York City. Please allow me to apologize for the over head light. We are in the process of replacing the entire light fixture due to a manufactures recall. We had to disconnect them due to the recall.

Again, thank you so much and we're glad you enjoyed your stay.

Karl Baugher