1,117 results
All reviewsnew yorkfront desk staffrooftop barfulton malljay stbarclays centerfew blockssubway stationlobbynycspghipvaletneighborhoodcabjfkdeli
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We stayed here on 2 separate occasions in August, and both times ended up in the same room with an amazing balcony. I think the actual rooms in all Aloft hotels are the same size and have the same features - minimalist but adequate. The beds are okay, not great, and some of the pillows are lumpy. Our room had a broken light over the vanity that went unfixed between visits - odd for a new hotel. Otherwise, the hotel staff is friendly and the location is a convenient walk to the subway. In addition, the hotel is convenient walking distance to Fort Greene and an assortment of good restaurant options if you don't feel like venturing into Manhattan. There is one elevator that seems to pipe in loud club music at all hours - if you're more the quiet type, wait for the another elevator. Overall, the Aloft Brooklyn is a solid, convenient hotel. If you drive in, expect to pay $25 for overnight parking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony - on a nice day it's refreshing to be outside above the chaos.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank w0rldtraveler007
Aloft_Brooklyn, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

Dear Worldtraveler007,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We do apologize for the problem with the over sink vanity light. We had placed mirror stickers in each room explaining that the manufacture has a recall on the light fixute so we had to disconnect the power to the light until the appropriate fix could be made.

Thank you again and have a great rest of the summer.

Reviewed August 23, 2011

This was a great hotel and nearby to the subway stops. We walked to Manhattan quite easily from here too. It was extremly clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. The decor was very modern and the beds were enormous. We didn't eat there but had dinner in the Sheraton next door which was lovely...they also share a pool with this hotel. IT is quite a small pool but there is a lovely lounge area and fitness centre next to it. We didn't explore the hotel fully but there was a bar and a night club there too.there was a newspaper in front of the door every morning. Very nice and convient place to stay for a visit to New York.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Grandtourismo,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us here at the Aloft Hotel in Brooklyn. I'm glad you were able to explore a good portion of the complex by what you mentioned and yes, there was more to see here. Hopefully next time your plans take you to New York City, you'll be able to stay with us again and check out our lobby bar and night club on the roof.

Thank you for writing a review and we're so glad you had a good time with us.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

I have stayed in Aloft Brooklyn from the 6th to 12th of August on a special opening promo rate and really was quite impressed with overall experience. I've been working in hotels for the past 8 years and surely some things just come automatically to your attention as you know the "kitchen" of this industry. Arriving at 11 am on Saturday morning, Cristina at Front Desk did her best to do the early check in without even asking for it, which was surely a nice touch. Throughout my stay Cristina was an excellent host and surely stands out with her guest engagement skills. My room was on the 22nd floor, quite and super clean with a city view. The housekeeping was very efficient and consistent with their service which is very important to me as no one wants to stay in a dirty place, the bed is certainly a very Starwood standard, comfy and you feel at home crawling in after playing a tourist all day long in the city.
I would highly recommend booking the hotel for either business, pleasure or just short stop over. This is an excellent choice and just few subway rides from everything that city has to offer. I must admit at the check out having paid the bill i had no single regrets on my choice and will surely be back at some point.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Julia_GD
Aloft_Brooklyn, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

Dear Julia_GD,

Chistina is certainly an asset to our hotel and I'm so glad she shined for you. We are truely lucky to have her on our team as a valued talent member.

Thank you so much for also taking the time to write a profile on our hotel. We certainly do appreciate it and would love to welcome you back as aguest again very soon.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed August 20, 2011

I am very fond of this new hotel in Brooklyn. I stayed there for a week and I got on very well during my stay.
The location was really perfect for me, close to transportation, nice restaurants and my favorite area of ​​Brooklyn Hights.
The room was relatively small, but this is compensated by the fact that it was very well planned, functional and up to date.
The hotel in its entirety was very clean and refreshing.
I also appreciate the gym and the pool and I used these facilities every day.
Between the gym and the pool is the terrace where you can sit and relax. The only negative with the hotel was that it, unfortunately, was smokers on the terrace!
The staff at the hotel were friendly and accommodating. Above all, I would like to thank Barbara for her outstanding service. She was exeptional...very nice, helpful and service minded. Her willingness made ​​my week at the Hotel Aloft very memorable, many thanks!
I will definitely return to this hotel, both privately and in business.
Yours sincerely Marie from Stockholm / Sweden

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Aloft_Brooklyn, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Dear Mavo63,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We really appreciate your feed back as well as your business. It was our pleasure to have you as a guest here. I'm definately glad you mentioned about teh smoking on the rear terrace as the entire hotel is non-smoking including that rear terrace. It appears I need to place signage out there so guests do not smoke out there.

We hope to welcome you back here on your next trip to New York City and thanks again for your kind words.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

The aloft hotel opened just recently in a quite central location of Brooklyn close to the NYU metrotech campus and several subway stations. Walking in the surroundings felt safe day and night. The modern and well-equipped two twin-bed room was not huge but large enough to mainly sleep there. Shower is well accessible and large. There is free tea, coffee and water in the room. The lobby features a pool table and a breakfast bar, the 24th level has a panorama bar with a nice view open Thu-Sun. There also is a small pool and fitness room.

This could be a recommendable place if there wasn't for various problems caused by (I hope) the hotel being still in the phase of getting started. Connecting to the wireless LAN worked only half the time, the mirror light at the washroom table was not working (management was aware of this and apologizing), the phone handset didn't work, the electronic door lock failed one day and needed a software reset by the (friendly) technical staff, and (most annoying of all) the front desk got totally confused by our booking being split into multiple days and rooms for a varying number of guests although we had a print-out of all reservation numbers listing correctly the reserved days and rooms. It all worked out in the end but the experience was quite frustrating as it took us several long discussions with the staff to sort things out. Let's hope these teething troubles are an exception and disappear soon, but you might want to check recent reviews before booking!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Martin N
Aloft_Brooklyn, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2011

Dear Martin N,

Thank you for your review of our new Aloft Hotel here in Brooklyn. I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced while here. Occasionally we do experience growing pains as we are new and we continue to learn from the challenge of opening a new hotel. We tend to be at the mercy of modern day technologies whereby things do happen and luckily, we are all trained here to deal with those issues.

I am concerned about the internet issue you descried. Our internet system at the hotel is pretty amazing and we've had no other comments about it only working half the time. I apologize if you had issues with it. It hasn't gone down at all since we've opened our doors and our bandwidth is extremely high for the amount of rooms we have.

In regards to your reservations issues, I wish I knew more about your rooms like who you booked your reservation through. If reservations are booked indirectly with the hotel, confirmation numbers differ from the ones we generate when we make a reservation here on property. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience and am glad you stated things worked out in the end.

Thanks you again for you business and staying with us and a great rest of the summer to you.

Karl Baugher