1,116 results
All reviewsnew yorkfront desk staffrooftop barfulton malljay stbarclays centerfew blockssubway stationlobbynycspghipvaletneighborhoodcabjfkdeli
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I am very fond of this new hotel in Brooklyn. I stayed there for a week and I got on very well during my stay.
The location was really perfect for me, close to transportation, nice restaurants and my favorite area of ​​Brooklyn Hights.
The room was relatively small, but this is compensated by the fact that it was very well planned, functional and up to date.
The hotel in its entirety was very clean and refreshing.
I also appreciate the gym and the pool and I used these facilities every day.
Between the gym and the pool is the terrace where you can sit and relax. The only negative with the hotel was that it, unfortunately, was smokers on the terrace!
The staff at the hotel were friendly and accommodating. Above all, I would like to thank Barbara for her outstanding service. She was exeptional...very nice, helpful and service minded. Her willingness made ​​my week at the Hotel Aloft very memorable, many thanks!
I will definitely return to this hotel, both privately and in business.
Yours sincerely Marie from Stockholm / Sweden

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Aloft_Brooklyn, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Dear Mavo63,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We really appreciate your feed back as well as your business. It was our pleasure to have you as a guest here. I'm definately glad you mentioned about teh smoking on the rear terrace as the entire hotel is non-smoking including that rear terrace. It appears I need to place signage out there so guests do not smoke out there.

We hope to welcome you back here on your next trip to New York City and thanks again for your kind words.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

The aloft hotel opened just recently in a quite central location of Brooklyn close to the NYU metrotech campus and several subway stations. Walking in the surroundings felt safe day and night. The modern and well-equipped two twin-bed room was not huge but large enough to mainly sleep there. Shower is well accessible and large. There is free tea, coffee and water in the room. The lobby features a pool table and a breakfast bar, the 24th level has a panorama bar with a nice view open Thu-Sun. There also is a small pool and fitness room.

This could be a recommendable place if there wasn't for various problems caused by (I hope) the hotel being still in the phase of getting started. Connecting to the wireless LAN worked only half the time, the mirror light at the washroom table was not working (management was aware of this and apologizing), the phone handset didn't work, the electronic door lock failed one day and needed a software reset by the (friendly) technical staff, and (most annoying of all) the front desk got totally confused by our booking being split into multiple days and rooms for a varying number of guests although we had a print-out of all reservation numbers listing correctly the reserved days and rooms. It all worked out in the end but the experience was quite frustrating as it took us several long discussions with the staff to sort things out. Let's hope these teething troubles are an exception and disappear soon, but you might want to check recent reviews before booking!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Martin N
Aloft_Brooklyn, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2011

Dear Martin N,

Thank you for your review of our new Aloft Hotel here in Brooklyn. I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced while here. Occasionally we do experience growing pains as we are new and we continue to learn from the challenge of opening a new hotel. We tend to be at the mercy of modern day technologies whereby things do happen and luckily, we are all trained here to deal with those issues.

I am concerned about the internet issue you descried. Our internet system at the hotel is pretty amazing and we've had no other comments about it only working half the time. I apologize if you had issues with it. It hasn't gone down at all since we've opened our doors and our bandwidth is extremely high for the amount of rooms we have.

In regards to your reservations issues, I wish I knew more about your rooms like who you booked your reservation through. If reservations are booked indirectly with the hotel, confirmation numbers differ from the ones we generate when we make a reservation here on property. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience and am glad you stated things worked out in the end.

Thanks you again for you business and staying with us and a great rest of the summer to you.

Karl Baugher

Reviewed August 17, 2011

Initial impressions were poor due to my booking for a twin room being disregarded. The double provided not really suitable for me and my travel companion. They did provide another 'roll in' bed to rectify the issue but as I'd made a non-refundable booking I was surprised my requirements had not been met. A bit of a squeeze to get around the room with the extra bed but ultimately a very comfortable stay. Good clean hotel and the staff were very helpful.

I can see that despite this issue it is a very good hotel. I would stay again with my partner as sleeping arrangements would not matter and it was a very reasonable, well located and well spec'd hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank benshockleyuk
Aloft_Brooklyn, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2011

Dear Ben,

Please allow me to apologize for you receiving the incorrect room type when you arrived at our hotel. I see your reservation was made through another internet channel company other then our own. We try our very best to keep our inventory accurate with these other booking channels but unfortunately it appears we did not in your case. Please accept my apologies. I'm glad you liked the remained of the hotel and truely hope you will stay with us again if your travels take you back here to the NYC area.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel, we greatly appreciate it and your business. My best to you and yours for a great rest of the summer.

Reviewed August 13, 2011

Pros
- 2 minutes walk from subway to manhattan
- lots of cheap food places nearby, for breakfast, dinner etc
- Stylish, well designed rooms, nice shower, blackout blinds
- Massive, very comfortable bed
Very clean
- cool mats in lifts

Cons
- Downtown brooklyn location, so local area could be intimidating to some, though we had no issues whatsoever
- You will need to ride the subway if you want to go to manhattan, not the most pleasant experience in the summer

• Stayed: August 2011
Aloft_Brooklyn, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2011

Dear Captain,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We always appreciate comments from our guests. From your comments it sounds like you enjoyed your stay. We often forget to point out to guests our elevator mats. I don't know of too many hotels that have them and the kids love to stand on them and make the blue gel inside move around.

I do apologize if there was an issue with the NYC subway system. It's been extremely hot here in the city the past few weeks and it's definately warm down in the transit system.

Best Regards to you and yours and again, thank you for writing your review.

Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed at the Aloft for six nights, taking two rooms, to celebrate our sons 21 St birthday and all had a fantastic time! The rooms are great, we had two king rooms and the bed was extremely comfortable with very high quality cotton bedding (only slight annoyance being the duvet cover is wrapped around the duvet and not fitted, therefore it ended up coming off duvet and wrapping around legs etc!). The air conditioning is super effective and does not switch off when you leave the room, so coming back in from 100 percent humidity outside was wonderful (noisy as others have said but I wouldn't swop it). The large wall mounted tv was fab and excellent use is made of every available space. The toilet, shower and wash hand areas are also very cleverly designed and practical as well as very stylish. Slight tip for management that wasn't worth mentioning when I was there but might be useful to know re design, the hairdryer plug caught on the sliding toilet door jamming me and my husband in the toilet at different times ( You'd think we'd have learnt after the first time!) just be careful how it's hanging so that it doesn't stop the door opening! Loved the coffee machine, but didn't always get tea, sugar creamer refills. The lifts are also awesome! Quilted drapes with cool lighting and floor and good music played at decent volume, was really fun! I was disappointed we never got to see the new bar terrace. It opened just before we got there on 5 August. Given our sightseeing we were too exhausted the first couple of nights to go so decided on the Monday night to take it easy, eat in Brooklyn and dress up and go to the cool new nightclub upstairs only to find out it's only open Weekend nights : ( Junior's is great, we eat there a few nights and stopped in for cheesecake too. There are loads of restaurants for breakfast including Juniors, Applebees and Ihop all within a very short walk. There is also great shopping in the street at the end of the road. No need to make a special trip to a shopping mall, Brooklyn has it all. It also has a tkt booth, corner of Jay St for your official half price Broadway shows (only two others are Times Sq and Southport). Subway stations are plentiful within a very short distance, lines 2 and 3 go from Hoyt St straight to Times Sq and entry is just along the same street as hotel. We also got the subway from DeKalb straight to Coney Island one day, a great trip which only took about 40 mins (and that wasn't an express train). The location of the Aloft is superb for everything you want to do, I'd highly recommend it. I also can't finish without mentioning excellent front desk staff. They were all extremely friendly, welcoming and helpful. Thank you all for making our stay great. If we don't manage back there for another trip we will look out for other Aloft's wherever we go, our number one hotel brand from now on!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to enjoy the best views
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RosTraynor

Dear RosTraynor,

I really have to thank you so much for such an amazing and indepth review of our hotel. We can't thank you enough for writing about your experience here and mentioning almost every aspect of the hotel. I've stated in the past on these reviews that my staff love to read them so they can have a better idea of how they are doing and what the guest thinks not only of them, but the entire hotel. And you are right, the beds are fantastic, will look into the duvet cover as we triple sheet all our beds. Might need a chage according to your message.

Needless to say we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and we're glad we were able to be apart of your celebration on your sons 21st Birthday.

Have a great rest of the summer and we really do hope you come back and see us again soon.