Aloft New York Brooklyn
$260
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $412/night.

$106
$98
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

$200
$180
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $192/night.

$170
$127
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

Hotel Indigo(Brooklyn)
$126
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

$143
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $155/night.

Hotel Le Jolie(Brooklyn)
$160
$145
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

1,095 results
All reviewsnew yorklobby barfront desk stafffulton malljay stcheesecakesubway ridecobble hillbarclays centercar servicecoffee makerfew blocksnycjuniorsspghipvalet
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We had a great stay at the hotel from June 10-14 and for it being opening weekend, everything went so smooth with our stay and anything we needed the staff were very accommodating. We only had one day when housekeeping did not show up to our room, but the front desk staff made sure to get towels for us and gave us some complimentary snacks, which were much appreciated.

We hope to get back to NY again sometime and will definitely have Aloft top on our list of places to stay. I am also looking at staying at the Aloft close to Boston in August when I’m visiting there.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Aloft_Brooklyn, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2011

Dear Halfblood,

Thanks for the review and thank you so much for the e mail you sent me regarding your stay. That was so much appreciated by myself and my staff. I was true to my word and shared it with them. As a new hotel we did have a few bumps during opening, we tried to make everything as smooth as possible for our guests and have improved so much since opening day three weeks ago.

You comments here will be shared with the staff as well. All comments are shared with the staff good and bad.

Thanks for visiting us the other week, we definately appreciate the business and the feedback. Please enjoy your holiday this weekend if you are in the states or if back home, have a great weekend.

Best Regards

Reviewed June 29, 2011

We stayed here for four nights while we attended a family gathering. This hotel is next door to the Sheraton in downtown Brooklyn. This is an area undergoing development, and quite run down. The room was very small, and with two beds, it was impossible to sit at the desk and use a computer and at the same time allow the other person to pass by. The decor is contemporary and the lobby quite attractive, but very noisy with piped in music blaring, and really not enough room for such a large hotel. There is no place for a sit down breakfast, so we went to the Sheraton next door. I was told that this hotel was designed with the " younger set' in mind, so that perhaps my taste and expectation of comfort is different, although my young friends felt the same . The rooms were clean. it was very difficult to get a taxi from the hotel. The hotel has its own or has a connection to a limousine/taxi service which is much more expensive than the yellow cabs, who never come to this area. Parking is available nearby but very expensive. This is a brand new hotel, however I found it very disappointing.

1  Thank Wolfe

Dear Wolfe,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here at the new Aloft hotel in Brooklyn. While we definately love to hear positive feedback, we also know that are hotel is not going to be for everyone and welcome the critical feed back from guest so we can improve. I was surprised at several comments you made though. While I will admit our rooms are not the typical size of a suburban hotel, our rooms here tend to be bigger then those new hotel rooms being built in Manhattan. Our ceilings are high and the rooms do have 2 windows in them. I do apologize if you were not happy with the size of the rooms.

As for the area being rundown, this area of Brooklyn for the past several years has been going through a major over-haul. All around us are brand new high-rise apartment buildings, new construction and many older buildings being renovated. I realize there are a few older buildings in the area with scaffolding on them, but this is only due to restoration work. I wouldn't call this area run down what so ever. We are one block away from the new Metro Tech Plaza complex which is a beautiful complex full of shops, offices and schools.

You also commented on the "piped in music". This is music specifically designed for the aloft and is played throughout all the common areas of the hotel excluding the guest room floors. This is the first bad comment I've received about it. The aloft lobby is designed to be used by the guest with a bar, pool table, retail sales area and lounge type seating. We are definately different then our sister hotel next door the Sheraton. Again, I apologize if we didn't meet your expectations. If the music was too loud we should probably turn it down some then.

Our hotel is not for everyone, it is a different and unique type of hotel designed for the traveler that does want something different at an affordable price. I hadn't heard any negative comments from your group and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Again, I apologize if we did not meet your expectations. As I said, we welcome comments good and bad from our guests. It's how we grow and learn.

Thanks and have a great holiday!

Reviewed June 29, 2011

We just returned from a four night stay at the brand-new ALOFT in Brooklyn, NY. The hotel had opened about a week before we arrived, and their team is really focusing on great customer service to make the experience wonderful in this newly built property. While others have commented here on TA on various opening bugs, we found the hotel to be functioning very well and very clean as well. There are some features that are still to come, such as the connectivity stations that will connect to the 42 inch televisions in the rooms that were not yet available during our stay.

The property is located in a redeveloping section of downtown Brooklyn, and is walking distance from the new NBA arena (Barclays Center) currently being built for the Nets, which is set to open for the 2012-2013 season as the new home of the New Jersey (soon New York) Nets - and rumored to also become the potential home of the New York Islanders of the NHL. One other thing I really liked about the hotel's location is how Brooklyn is one of the most transit-accessible locations in New York City.

Room Tip: Easy access to express subway lines into Manhattan
1  Thank David-in-Long-Beach

Dear Alpern,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our new hotel here on tripadvisor. Our reviews from past guests are now starting to come in and we appreciate your comments. You are right, soon we will have connectivity for our guests to use the TVs in their rooms to connect to their computer equipment. There are other things soon to come as well that we are excited about.

Also, thank you for pointing out we are in a new developing area of Brooklyn. We are right in downtown Brooklyn and everywhere you look, there are renovations going on, new construction and brand new high end apartment buildings either already up or being constructed. It's pretty exciting around this neighborhood now.

Again, thank you for the great review here and we hope you will come back and visit us again.

Best Regards

Reviewed June 28, 2011

Booked online and pre-paid a discounted rate in January, was given an option for 2 queen beds, which we chose for the 3 of us. Upon check-in today, 6/28/11, we learn there are no queen beds just doubles in the entire hotel unless you want one king. Seriously? How hard is it to have the truth on your website?! The rooms are super small and there isnt any space to put your suitcases or anything else.There isn't enough room to change your mind! The bathroom is an open space kind of like a closet. If you want a fridge you have to pay for it by the day! Needless to say we are not at all happy and are not looking forward to staying the next 4 nights here. We just got here and we're already wishing it was time to leave. This is our first visit to the city and we thought a new hotel would be a great, clean and bed bug free place to stay. If our time here hadn't been paid for in advance we would have went somewhere else

Room Tip: Rooms are not worth the price.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank hpickens
Reviewed June 26, 2011

This brand new hotel receives my kudo's for fulfilling all of my needs. The check in was perfect and my room was even available upon arrival at 11:00 AM. This being my first time in New York and having just disembarked from a nine day cruise my expectations were none the less not too high in expecting similar service as a deluxe cruise. I was wrong, the staff was eager to help me get established and offered their time and help with my plans for the next 4 days. Gave directions, opinions, reviews which turned out to be very helpful. A bright smiling staff person even advised me that I would not have to go downtown to Broadway to purchase discounted tickets to Broadway shows as their is a tkts location just 3 blocks away. I actually loved Brooklyn and the hotels location. The owners of this hotel hit the bulls eye with this one in picking out a very up and coming location. The Nets are building their new arena just walking distance away and the subway stops are convenient and can one can reach all parts of the city from a close walk with direct no transfer routes into Manhattan. Clean rooms and fast elevators along with wireless internet which is at no charge completed the package. All around this was a great choice which I am proud to have made, and so was my wife.

Room Tip: High floor has great views.
1  Thank Stesc711
Aloft_Brooklyn, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2011

Dear Stesc711,

I really have to thank you for writting such a great review of our hotel and I just shared your comments with my staff. The desk agents were thrilled with your comments. It's little things like this that make my staff want to work even harder to assist our guests. We have a fun hotel and the staff knows it and loves to show thier enthusiasm to our guests.

We're glad you selected our hotel out of the many choices here in Brooklyn. And yes, our location is pretty centeral to all of the Brooklyn happening scene as well as being less then one block from the numbers 2 and 3 train which in three stops, takes you into Manhattan in a matter of minutes.

Thank you again for such a nice review and please do tell your friends about us. We'd love to have you back next time your travels take you to New York City.

Best Regards,