“A Neighborhood Gem worth the trip from Manhattan”
Review of miranda

miranda
Ranked #1,760 of 5,459 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: American, Italian, Latin
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North 9th Street
Transit: Miranda Restaurant is located just 3 blocks from the Bedford Avenue L train stop, making it just 15 minutes away from Union Square, Manhattan. The B62 bus stop is one block away. The G train, Nassau Avenue stop is 6 blocks away. The East River Ferry stop is just 3 block away on Kent and North 6th!
Description: Owned and operated by a husband and wife team, Miranda makes for a romantic dining location as well as a great place to catch up with friends and family. Chef Sasha Miranda serves a mix of Latin American and Italian flavors while concentrating on healthful cooking techniques. Chef Sasha uses local ingredients that tie in to the seasons and she creates five different forms of fresh pasta. Foccacia and all desserts are baked in house daily. Mauricio Miranda's wine list focuses on small productions from Italy, Spain, California and South America. Miranda is also recognized for its attention to the finer details of service and Mauricio is sure to make each guest feel as though they are a guest in his home. Together, Sasha and Mauricio strive to create a warm environment where great food and wine unite to create a memorable experience.
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This place is terriffic. We had the lunch fixed price special for $18 and the mixture of mexican/italian cooking was wonderful. We were greeted by one of the owners, Morrisimo ( whose wife is the chef). Note that fixed price lunch menu includes a glass of wine!! Great atmosphere and beautiful smaller place.

There are newer reviews for miranda

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I cannot say enough about this gem. I felt instantly welcomed by the warm atmosphere, inviting aromas, and gracious staff. The homemade pasta is mouth-watering. I indulged in the Medialuna: wild mushroom and ricotta half moons with white truffle oil. Are you making reservations yet? If not, the chocolate cake with hazelnut gelato and dulce de leche will have you scrambling for a table.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Sunday brunch at the Wythe was jammed so we walked down the street and got right in at Miranda. The food and service were excellent. My wife loved her frittata and my poached eggs with polenta was stellar. I still can't believe it wasn't jammed with people.

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been here twice. Living in Williamsburg, this is routinely one of our favorite places ( just below traif and Dresslers) for good, creative and tasty meals. The menu changes seasonally and
It's always fun to see what new things the chef comes up with. The service is very friendly and the atmosphere casual-romantic Definitely check it out!!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I had an early dinner at Miranda in December before a performance at The Muse in Williamsburg. It's a gem! The welcome was warm and sincere, the ambience cozy and inviting. In general, we find that at Brooklyn restaurants there is better value and less attitude than in Manhattan. The waiter brought a delicious selection of breads in a basket. I wish more restaurants did this; as you are less tempted to overeat when the basket is not on your table. The cuisine is an interesting and appetizing fusion of Italian and Latin. The presentation was attractive. I had the skirt steak, which was delicious. My husband had the featured appetizer, octopus salad, which was tasty if a tad burnt-tasting. We went back a week later for brunch with a larger party and had an equally wonderful experience; everything was truly delicious, and again the welcome made us feel like neighbors.

1  Thank Connecticutraveller