“Good food, service and cleanliness could be better”

Enzo's Brick Oven Pizzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #3,122 of 5,459 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I live in the area and had never tried out Enzo's so I went here with my roommate on a Sunday night. The front room is a bit small, but good size. The waiters were nice enough, but they just seemed to toss everything onto our table, including crumbs when they wiped off a nearby table. The table and floors didn't look to be very clean and so we opted not to eat the table bread which came in bucket and was tossed onto our table. I ordered the chicken parm and my roommate got spinach salad. Both dishes were very tasty! I don't think I'd go back, but if I did it would be for take out.
Also, this is CASH ONLY. There was no sign on the menu or the door noting this, which would have been helpful to know since I didn't have cash.

There are newer reviews for Enzo's Brick Oven Pizzeria & Restaurant

Reviewed November 11, 2012

True what they say - we just moved to Brooklyn from LA and this pizza is great. Good beer and wine and service and nice atmosphere, especially in the summer.
Outdoor dining area at the back is a bit stuffy. Decent value for $ too. We go back frequently.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

I've only been to this place once, and that was plenty. The service was slow and inattentive, the "outdoor" garden dining space was lit with bright fluorescent lights, and tables were way too close together. The "brick oven pizza" was a mess — soggy and bland, even with special toppings. I don't understand how this place stays open, but it does. Maybe his was just an off night, but it was bad enough to not want to make a return visit.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

When Enzo;s first opened in Brooklyn we welcomed the addition of a new brick oven pizza place and in the beginning...they were on the mark. Good prices, good food, pleasant service and a warm atmosphere. Over the past year we have been back several times and have disappointing experiences Suffice it to say, but the food has suffered. We had salads that were over dressed and soggy, pastas that were swimming in so much sauce that the dishes were hard to eat, the foccacia, which used to come warm and just slightly crunchy now comes consistently hard. We came back several times to see if we went on an off night, but the last three meals we had were not good.

The service at Enzo's is fine, waiters are pleasant and accomodating and the pizza, if anything has been relatively consistent. I hope they get it together because it is in the right place, caters to the right crowd, had it going on, but something has slipped.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

Neighborhood place great thin crust pizza felt like an authentic ny experience