“Under The Sea”
Review of New York Aquarium

New York Aquarium
Ranked #51 of 236 things to do in Brooklyn
More attraction details
Owner description: Situated on 14 acres by the sea in Coney Island, the Aquarium is home to over 8,000 animals. The Aquarium provides an enjoyable experience for the whole family. See friendly walruses, amazing sharks, playful sea otters and so much more.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

A magical and eye opening day get away for any age. Actually you cant help feeling like a kid. Oohs &aahs especially the Alien Stingers!! Then spend time after on famous Coney Island boardwalk.

2  Thank NewYorkCityWaterside

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Went to the aquarium with my family as part of my granddaughter's birthday weekend. What great fun for all of us......especially liked the big walrus' that were swimming right in front of us as we watched their antics through the tank. Some of the park was under construction, but there was plenty to see and do to last 3-4 hours. A great time was had by all....especially the birthday girl.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We visited the aquarium couple months ago and it was not that bad but it is geared more towards small children. The seal show is cute and coney island is close by if you are interested in other rides. You can visit this place once.

1  Thank KMC A
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We took our two grand daughters there 3.5 and 1.5 years old. They had a great time watching the different fish; the seals feeding and the glow-in-the-dark jelly fish. We also ate in their restaurant and it was ok food served with a terrible attitude! Someone needs to teach them that they have a job because of the customers, they are NOT doing the customers a favor by serving them!

I missed the fact that there is a discount if you buy tickets on line - oh well!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I am a big fan of all things aquarium and as silly as it may be, if there is one where I visit, I will try to go. I have lived in the NYC/Long Island area for a little over 7 years and finally made the trip to the NY Aquarium. I did enjoy my visit but felt like this should just be called the Brooklyn Aquarium as it doesn't really live up to being called the NEW YORK Aquarium. As other reviewers have said, it is good for about half a day. The one nice thing is that for $13, you can park your car in the aquarium lot and head over to the Coney Island boardwalk to explore there while your car is safe is sound. Overall, a good trip but do not plan a whole day here. **Make sure you buy tix ahead of time online for a discount!