“Delicious Pizza in a Cozy Setting”
Review of South Brooklyn Pizza - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
South Brooklyn Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Portland
“Delicious Pizza in a Cozy Setting”
Reviewed June 4, 2008

In my past visits to NYC I have not always had the desire to venture to the outer boroughs, but this time, I thought it was important to see more than just regular old tourist sites. A friend told me that Carroll Gardens was a nice neighborhood if I wanted to get a feel for Brooklyn, so I hopped on the F train and went exploring. The neighborhood IS very cute, lots of shops & restaurants, and feels nothing like Manhattan.

As I was walking I wandered into South Brooklyn Pizza, a small restaurant that charmed with its exposed brick walls & coal oven for cooking the pizza. I was offered chocolate chip cookies (fresh baked!) upon entry & was told the place had just opened.

The menu is simple: thin-crusted pizza with 4 different types of cheeses. It didn't take long to decide what to order! However, they DO have a full bar, so it take me a bit longer to decide on a drink. The pizza is not like the $3 slices you get in the city (this cost $12) but, it was worht it! SO fresh, it totally hit the spot.

As I was deciding whether or not to order a second beer, I began talking to the servers (great service, btw) and learned that the bar attached to this pizza joint is the oldest Irish pub in Brooklyn, PJ Hanley's. I was convinced to stay, and wound up finishing the night at the pub nextdoor.

This made for a very memorable trip to Brooklyn, one I would recommend for anyone who wishes to meet more locals & step outside of the typical tourist sites.

This is the address, if needed:
South Brooklyn Pizza
451 Court St (@ 4th Place)
Carroll Gardens