Ways to Experience Coney Island USA
from $70.00
from $374.00
from $83.00
4,536 results
All reviews amusement park luna park mermaid parade nathan's hot dogs board walk hot dog eating contest new york parachute jump nice beach brighton beach roller coaster brooklyn cyclones baseball game train ride fries ny aquarium times square
Selected filters
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

I have been going here for 50 years. My parents took me for a ride on the Cyclone and Nathan's. Then as a teenager they let me go with my friends when they had "POP" pay one price for going on the rides all day, I saved my paper route money for the ticket. It was dangerous and sketchy back then. In my late teens I drive there with my girlfriend and we would play arcade games for hours, some of the coolest pinball machines I ever played. As an adult,, I go for Nathan's, a AAA ballgame, and pizza at Totono.
Once in a while I will take a ride bbn on the Cyclone, the best wooden roller coaster.

The area still has a mystic and allure. It is not totally pretty nor totally ugly either. It has been worked on since the damage from Sandy in 2013. The ride out on the Subway can be long but when the door opens and the sea air greets you, it is all good. Parking on the street is tight in season, private lots are around mostly cash only.

Worth the trip, get hot dogs and French Fries, I recommend the lemonade or a beer. Next door at Williams Candy shop , it has been there forever. You can get candy apples, popcorn, fudge and all kinds of old school candy. It is confection heaven. Go see the Carosel from 1906, it has had carved horses. If rides and food are not your thing, the Aquarium is also a good place with outdoor and indoor activities. Or just sit on the Boardwalk and enjoy the sound of the waves. If you hit this right you can see the hot dog eating contest on the 4th of July or catch the Mermaid Parade, held in June to celebrate the start of Summer. In the Winter you can see the Polar Bear Club take it's New Years Day dip in the very frigid New York water!

The carnival atmosphere is always in the air. Enjoy!!

2  Thank VFF63
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

I have a love/hate relationship with Coney Island. On one side it’s convenient by train and the amusement park is a great time, but the actual beach itself is overcrowded and honestly pretty trashy and not kid friendly. It works for me because in my eyes a guy trying to sell me nutcrackers on the beach is a convenience rather than a nuisance, but it really pulls some characters. Much better Nyc beaches around (even Brighton is better for kids and also an easy train-accessible beach) ... but definitely go for the rides and shows at the big concert venue

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed May 11, 2019

A long walk along the Boardwalk is worth a visit in good weather if you're already in NYC. I was there on a weekend before the height of the summer season, so the boardwalk & beach were not too crowded (yet).

Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

We love coming to Coney Island on a nice weekend afternoon, grab a hot dog at Nathan's, have a drink at Ruby's then go on the wonder wheel or cyclone at Luna Park.

Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

Classic coney island.....always a must if coming to New York!!!!
The boardwalk is beautiful
Fully equipped with all sorts of fun food rides and entertainment