“Nice beach”

$400.00*
Private Tour of Brooklyn Neighborhoods by Foot and Subway
Ranked #1 of 35 Fun & Games in Brooklyn
More attraction details
Owner description: Home to famous rides like the Cyclone Roller Coaster, the Wonder Wheel and the Parachute Jump, this historic seaside section of Broooklyn is about an hour by train from Manhattan and still boasts a lively boardwalk, beach, and the best hot dogs around.
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Wonderful beach and nice boardwalk. We spent a whole day walking around Coney Island, having a beer by the boardwalk, faving fun in the amusement park etc. Day was a bit chilly, otherwise we would have been swimming also. Nice lady at the Ruby's Bar showed us an interesting book of Coney Islands history :)

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

My family and I while visiting the NE decided we would check out Coney Island. I had not been there since I was a child in the 1960's. The biggest problem is the parking!! We were gouged for $40 the sign for the lot said $20. The rude parking lot attendant said that is for small compact cars. It wasn't worth the fight. The day over all was fantastic! We had fun on the rides most are new and modern with a sprinkling of nostalgic old rides. The foods typical fair stuff but excellent for what it is!! We went on a Sunday, my family and I are beach people and I do not believe we have ever seen that many people on one beach. The crowds are pleasant and the beach clean! We also went to a freak show in a sketchy old building and had a crazy good time in there too until the act swallowing and blowing fire set the stage on fire!! Great Times!!!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Another trip to Long Island meant another trip to Coney Island. What else can be said about this iconic location? It's history, it's excitement, it's entertainment rolled into one. The boardwalk is great for sitting or strolling. The amusement area is much loved by both young and old. The sounds, the smells, and the food, all make Coney Island a place unto itself. My husband was born nearby so it's like going home to him. Visit in the summer along with a few hundred other folks, or go off season and have an entirely different experience. The point is--just go and experience why it's so loved by so many.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I visited in October and I am happy I did. I have heard horror stories of how swamped the beach, boardwalk, and theme parks are during the busy season. When I was at Coney Island I saw the pictures of how insanely business this destination gets. Being there in October was perfect--we had the run of the place.

We ate Nathan's, visited the boardwalk, walked on the beach, road the Wonder Wheel, Cyclone, and other rides--it was just a great day. I felt like a kid with the run of the place. An average wait for any of the rides was TOPS 5 minutes.

It was just such a perfect October Day. I couldn't think of spending my day doing anything better in Brooklyn and that says a lot!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Coney Island is the last stop for "F" subway Trains and has a beach and an amusement park (Luna Park). Its hardly 5 minutes from Coney Station.

Should I go there?
It needs a day. Frankly, I didn't like beach at all. It was a bit dirty. However, if beach & ocean view fascinate you, then you'd like this place for clicks and walk. Besides, if you've interest in rides, then definitely you must visit this place (unless you don't have time to visit 6 flags). In evening (not always) different rock band/DJs gather to make environment lively. There are ample restroom and eating places and definitely kids would love to come here.

I had a great experience. I lost my sunglasses, and to my disbelief, the lost & found department, found those glasses next day.