“Had a great time?”

$400.00*
Private Tour of Brooklyn Neighborhoods by Foot and Subway
Ranked #1 of 37 Fun & Games in Brooklyn
More attraction details
Owner description: Home to famous rides like the Cyclone Roller Coaster, the Wonder Wheel and the Parachute Jump, this historic seaside section of Broooklyn is about an hour by train from Manhattan and still boasts a lively boardwalk, beach, and the best hot dogs around.
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Having grown up in Brooklyn some 45+ years ago I was anxious to fo back to coney Island where I had great memories of Friday night concerts in the park, Midnight trips to Nathan's. Rides arcade just great fun.
We went on a cloudy Sunday, arrived around 11 AM parked right across from Nathan's on the street. We were meeting My son his wife and our 4 1/2 year old grandson. So the day was all about him. We went on rides, played the arcade, won some dolls, ate at the original Nathan, which was good not great as I remember it. People watched, walked up and down the boardwalk,.
The sun came out in the afternoon, I had a concern about the crowd, before we arrived, and was thrilled that we didn't have to worry. The crowd was family oriented, mellow and out for a day of fun. Dancers on the boardwalk, people selling, mangoes on a stick cut to look like flowers, I could not have asked for a better day. It was terrific.
I encourage all you Brooklynites to return to Coney Island for a walk down memory lane. We did look for my favorite restaurant Caroline's, and found that all remained was a sign. Oh well.

1  Thank IraC24
Write a ReviewReviews (3,819)

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I found a living social deal for Luna Park in coney island and decided since since i live in new york, i should visit coney island at least once in my life. I live on long island, so its only a short 45 min drive. In comparison to adventure land in farmingdale, there is a lot more rides at coney island. I went on a Saturday afternoon and finding parking on the street was impossible! We ended up parking in a lot for $25 which was good until midnight, which is more than enough time! The employees were very knowledgeable and the crowd was very polite. This place has a very jersey shore feel to it. There was lines for every ride but they moved quickly and everywhere you went there was always a police officer or security guard in sight. There were lockers available to store your bags or personal items, however i do not know how much they cost because we didn't use them. The bathrooms were monitored by an employee and were kept very clean. Food on the boardwalk was reasonably priced and delicious! I would definitely go back!

3  Thank Andrea D
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Coming from a land-locked community, I love the chance to dip my toes in the ocean. Coney Island is well worth the 45-60 minute subway trip from Manhattan. Love strollling on the boardwalk and along the ocean. Would highly recommend it - along with a hotdog at Nathans!

1  Thank dramaguys
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is a great place for the family. Many thrilling rides for young and older kids. The broad walk was great. There was a DJ on deck spinning some house music. All the carnival food you cold want. So if you are visiting New York, stop by and enjoy. A great place away from the hustle of the streets

1  Thank Lstyles4u
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Coney Island is a great place to go if you want to experience every age, race, religion in a relaxed and groovy atmosphere. Grab a hot dog at Nathans, walk the boardwalk, ride the Wonder Wheel. I enjoyed a few of the free concerts and you can cheer on the Brooklyn Cyclones.

After sundown, you'll find DJ's spinning tunes and people dancing to the music. Whatever you choose, you'll have a great time in Coney Island.

1  Thank radiiochick