“The Heyday is Over”

and up
Coney Island Ocean Jet Ski Tour
Ranked #1 of 33 Fun & Games in Brooklyn
More attraction details
Owner description: Home to famous rides like the Cyclone Roller Coaster, the Wonder Wheel and the Parachute Jump, this historic seaside section of Broooklyn is about an hour by train from Manhattan and still boasts a lively boardwalk, beach, and the best hot dogs around.
Columbia, Missouri
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“The Heyday is Over”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

It took forever to get there from Manhattan and then when we got there the beach was really dirty, the water was full of litter, and the rides were outrageously expensive. I was pretty disappointed and I most likely will not be going back.

Visited July 2012

• Turkish first
Venlo, The Netherlands
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Wonderful time in the sun”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Coney Island is worth a visit, definitely, if you are staying longer in NYC than just 3 days. And if you are in need of some sea breeze. Or some fresh air ;-) Coney Island is famous for its long boardwalk along the Ocean with attractions as the Wonder Wheel and the bar Ruby’s or “diner” Nathan’s. But there is more to explore at Coney Island. These days, there are more attractions for children than just the Wonder Wheel. Just walk to see the colorful New Yorkians spending their days off in the sun. Or watch a local band play during the summer months. Have a cool beer at Paul’s Daughter or Ruby’s. Have some clams or ice cream. Just relax in the sun. Best time to visit is the weekend, of course, since there are more people and all attractions are open.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Carovh
Sydney, Australia
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Urban, gritty and fun.”
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

The first time I heard of Coney Island was when I saw 'The Warriors' over 30 years ago, I've wanted to visit ever since. During a recent visit to NYC I took a day/night out in Coney Island and am glad that I did. It was everything I expected and more, gritty, rundown, ghetto by the sea etc. I swam at the beach, had a few rides, a few beers, some junk food and many laughs with the locals. Highly recommended for like minded individuals.

Oak Park, IL
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 153 helpful votes
“Lots of Fun, Especially on a Lovely Day”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband, a native Chicagoan, had never been to Coney Island, and I promised that we would go the next time we were in NY. We finally did, and we did so with some family members that I had not seen for a very long time. It was terrific--the boardwalk has been redone, the beach and water looked beautiful, and we all ate at a picnic table at Nathan's for the best hot dogs, fried potatoes (not really "French Fries"), and, later on, ice cream. My husband walked around the amusement park and enjoyed it tremendously. Worth the subway ride!

Visited September 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Nostalgia”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Been there several times. Those who love it remember it from the old, old days. Five years ago it was a dump. They are redoing and improving it but still has a way to go.

Don't know why a tourist would bother making a trip, frankly.

Visited June 2012