“the paths are narrow and the bridge is crowded with people.”
Review of Brooklyn Bridge

and up
Brooklyn Bridge Bike Tour
Ranked #1 of 223 things to do in Brooklyn
More attraction details
Owner description: Opened in 1883, the Brooklyn Bridge provides passage between Brooklyn and Manhattan for motorists, trains, bicycles and pedestrians. One of the primary symbols of New York City, it is a marvel of design and provides spectacular views of the city's skyline.
NYC
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“the paths are narrow and the bridge is crowded with people.”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

In all my years living here I always thought I was missing out. But I found the paths to be too narrow and I found the bridge to be way too over crowded. There seemed to be a lot of construction on the bridge which also made the experience less than desirable.

1 Thank femmechatte

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Timing is everything”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

OK, now I know. If you don't like crowds stay away from the Brooklyn Bridge on a sunny late summer weekend afternoon. It was like standing in line to get into a concert of a ball game only without the pay off at the end. The sides were shrouded in construction tarps so the view was obscured most of the way. After dealing with a weekend's worth of crowded sidewalks this was a poor choice on my part. I'm going to do it again on my next visit but only after I study up on how to avoid the insane crowds.

BTW -- all of the other sight seeing we did on this trip was terrific: 9/11 memorial, Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Highline ...

2 Thank robbski
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 158 helpful votes
“Another iconic NYC landmark - and it's free!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Disappointed to see scaffolding up which slightly spoiled the views, as did the crowds and the cyclists, but hey, it's a working bridge after all. Throughly enjoyable (and bracing!) Sunday morning walk

Visited November 2012
Barbados
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Had to do it!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had walked half way in 2003 starting from Manhattan, but knew I had to do the whole thing from Brooklyn. Finally got a chance and we did it November 2012 and am so glad we did. As most reviews state, it gives you a great perspective on Manhattan. Obviously not crowded at that time of the year and we were lucky that the weather was great. Did not take as long as I thought. We walked at and easy pace and stopped and took pictures. All in all glad to check that off my list.

Visited November 2012
Guernsey
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 383 helpful votes
“Got to walk especially in the middle of thunderstorm”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We planned a day of walking the financial district, Staten Island Ferry and walking the Brooklyn Bridge.

The beginning of the walkway for the bridge is easy to find near City Hall.

Once you clear all the stalls hawking tourist rubbish the walk is fantastic with spectacular views.

We reached the middle of the bridge in the centre of a sudden thunderstorm which gace us dramtatic photgraphs of the skyline under black skies.

yes we were totally soaked through but it was definitely worther the walk.