“Great hotel”
Review of Hotel Le Jolie

Ranked #4 of 73 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Comfy bed. Massive great LCD screen, with high-def TV. A view of Manhattan. Lovely up-to-date bathroom. A good spread for breakfast (albeit a good spread if you only like pastries and bagels, and coffee, and cereal). Free wireless. A computer attached to the internet that has a printer. What's not to like?

The L train is only a few stops away from Union Square - though it does feel a little more of a trip out of Manhattan than some hotels can be, it's frankly just fine.

The only gripe that I could have - if it's a gripe at all - is that the room was damn cold when we first arrived. But if that's the only gripe, it's not bad at all!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Urszula1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2014

Dear unclejames ,

Thank you for this great review! We strive to provide an excellent and comfortable stay to each and every guest and to hear that we achieved just that brings a great joy to all Team Members!Please visit us soon as we have so many exciting upgrades planned for Hotel Le Jolie : expansion of the Lobby and Breakfast area, an on-site fitness center and a brand new décor in all guest rooms !

Reviewed November 10, 2009

I went to have some fun with friends at a party and multiple events. Most of those events were in the Lower East Side which was a quick ride from this hotel to.

I had come by car and managed to get one of the free first-come-first-serve parking spaces. The rooms are plush and fantastic. The hotel service I experience was perfect.

The events extended by another day and my efforts to get the reservation extended by another day 2 weeks earlier resulted in me being placed on a waiting list 5 deep already. After I arrived, I wasn't surprised. It is a total gem.

The only downside was that the single bed rooms are small even though very well done. The doubles are a bit larger. I could still do travel work but it was a bit tight. Considering the price, the fantastic location and how comfortable the place made me feel -- it didn't matter.

The hotel is close to many places including a diner within easy walking distance. They can also call a car and have it arrive within 10 minutes.

I moved to another hotel for Saturday to Sunday. Another favorite. It was twice as expensive and in lower Manhattan.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo

Dear always_economy_class ,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so glad you found us to be above average and recommendation worthy. We look forward to serving you again in the near future! Being located in the heart of Williamsburg, less than 5 minutes from Public Transportation and minute’s away from Manhattan with countless restaurants, bars and cafes has brought us an array of different guests. We are glad you were able to enjoy the merits of our location!

Reviewed October 18, 2009

Our trip consisted of staying a night in Brooklyn. We were headed to the Brooklyn Bowl and this is only about 6 blocks away. Staff was friendly and helpful ... When we asked how to get to the Brooklyn Bowl from the hotel, the woman went on line and printed out for us directions from Google maps. Our room was small but comfortable. The bed and linens were quite nice. Breakfast in the morning consisted of coffee, fruit juice, cereal/oatmeal and an assortment of muffins and pastries.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear Elizabeth316 ,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our Hotel, your comments are very much valued. Our team members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.

Reviewed October 8, 2009

I came to New York for my best friend's wedding and was very put off by the ridiculous prices in Manhattan. Then someone suggested stayingi n Williamsburg. Best idea ever! This hotel is in a great location and has great rooms. The bed was comfy, the tv was huge, and there was a jacuzzi bath! The breakfast was fine, bagels, muffins, cereal and fruit was a perfectly adequate start to the day: but then, I don't have a full English every day normally. The staff were very helpful, called us cars when we needed, and looked after our luggage when we checked out.

Location wise, I ended up going out more in Brooklyn than in Manhattan: Bedford Avenue is like Shoreditch in London and has fantastic restaurants, bars and cafes, many of which were open until 6am. The shops are also great, and everyone was very friendly. The L train on Lorimer Avenue was a five minute walk, and a ten-fifteen minute train ride to Midtown Manhattan. They cleaned the rooms every day without fail. All in all, for £650 for 6 nights, you really can't go wrong!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank amyanon

Dear amyanon ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your input, and the feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to us and we strive to meet guest expectations.One of our top priorities is the cleanliness of our hotel and I'm happy that this was one of the important points for you as well. It's great to hear that you found our location to be an easy commute to Manhattan. Hope to see you next time!

Reviewed October 5, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights a couple of weeks ago and we were very pleased with the hotel.

The rooms were small-ish but exceptionally well decorated with a high-quality finish. It actually looks like the photo's on the hotel's website (which is rarely the case!). The beds were comfortable and the free internet in the room was very fast and we had no problems connecting. There was a huge high-def tv which my husband seemed to be pleased with (I couldn't really tell the difference but that is a girl thing I think). The breakfast was nice although a bit repetative after the same thing for 6 days but it was included in the price so you cant grumble....

I love williamsburg so for me the location of the hotel was perfect. Just a few minutes walk from Beacons Closet and approx 5 minutes from Bedford Ave subway (which takes you to manhatten in minutes - and incidentally takes you to the east village which is another great area to explore). If you want a nice hotel, close to all the sights this is definitely the place to stay if you dont want to pay a fortune. I'd say this is especially suited to younger travellers who are interested in fashion and seeing a slightly alternative side of NY than the average traveller. The immediate area around the hotel is a little desolate but I never felt unsafe, even at night. There are lots of bars and restaurants just a few minutes walk away. . Just a minor point I would mention - ask for a quite room when you book (the hotel is located right next to an express road which I imagine could be quite noisy if you got a room facing that way)

Dear mel_hi ,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so glad you found us to be above average and recommendation worthy. We look forward to serving you again in the near future! Also, Please visit us soon as we have so many exciting upgrades planned for Hotel Le Jolie : expansion of the Lobby and Breakfast area, an on-site fitness center and a brand new décor in all guest rooms !

Reviewed September 30, 2009

I wasn't sure of the quality of this hotel after reading SO MANY poor reviews. I should have gone with my first instinct and stayed elsewhere. I am an experienced traveler and have stayed at many hotels that varied in every way. I have never written any hotel a bad review before, but I can not allow others to blindly stay in such a horrible atmosphere.

The staff members are rude, they tend to treat people like cattle instead of humans. They don't listen to guests and could care less about pleasing the very people who ensure their jobs.

The area is not safe late at night. It's not hard to catch the night guard and night staff completely asleep at the front desk during the late shift, with the door to the hotel unlocked for anyone to enter.

The owner himself double parks his SUV across two handicapped parking spaces, which is why you may have read about guests experiencing parking issues. Also, there is little parking.

I love Brooklyn and the people there. They are not at all like these selfish egomaniacs. If you're a glutton for punishment and really like that 'we don't like you one bit' feel-then stay here. If you're someone who appreciates details, kindness/thoughtfulness, safety, and a place to feel cozy in, stay elsewhere. I wish I had.

2  Thank Clara333
Urszula1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2014

Dear Clara333,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience at Hotel Le Jolie was not a positive one. We strive to provide each and every guest with an exceptional service but looks like during your stay we did not perform as expected. Please rest assured that we have improved since your last stay and I hope that you will give us another chance to improve in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly with any concerns or questions.

Urszula R, Assistant General Manager

Reviewed September 29, 2009

We booked late and the hotel was full so we ended up with a room in the basement! This was discouraging, but turned out to be fine. The room was very small but well-appointed, comfortable and quiet - only with no view. The hotel is quite new, so everything was modern, clean and shiny. Service was excellent and hotel staff was courteous and helpful. A simple, but substantial breakfast is available in the morning. The Hotel Jolie is very close to our daughter's apartment on Lorimer Street, so we will certainly stay there again during future visits. This hotel offers a lot in a small package! Try the Italian restaurant around the corner which has excellent traditional food and has been there for more than 100 years.

Dear SanDiegoSteve_9,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear from our valued guests.We are proud to say that we are home away from home for many parents visiting their children who moved to Williamsburg and all our Team Members strive to provide an ultimate comfort for each and every guest.