“Excelent hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Absecon, New Jersey
“Excelent hotel”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here for 4 months on business . This hotel was in a great location. Nice area. Plenty of restaurants around. Very clean and well kept. Front desk people are very helpful.There is a reason it is the number 1 hotel in Brooklyn.

Room Tip: This hotel is near the BQE but it has thick walls and double windows. I stayed in alot of areas in t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Darrell J, Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

The Hotel Le Jolie team thanks you so much for selecting our hotel for your lodging needs while in Brooklyn. We also thank you for such kind regards to our service and facilities.

It is our goal at Hotel Le Jolie to provide the very best in guest services and overall experience so we are especially proud of your comments that will be shared with our entire team.

In addition, we have since repaired the door to your guest room and thank you very much for bringing it to our attention.

We would like to invite you back to stay with us on your next visit and to make it easier for you to book. Please contact us directly at reservations@hotellejolie.com and we gladly take your reservation and reply directly with your confirmation.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

All the very best!

Your Hotel Le Jolie Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
Kettering, Ohio
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The reviews made me believe it was going to micro tiny, but in fact its a pretty decent sized room. Very clean, great accommodation and the location is perfect for Williamsburg. Easy walking distance to the L line and Bedford.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Darrell J, Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

All the very best!

Your Hotel Le Jolie Management Team
Reviewed February 21, 2013

It was a nightmare and a nerve wrecking experience when I woke up from a deep sleep with my girlfriend and recived an od and random phone call from the manager telling me " SIR THE COPS ARE LOOKING FOR YOU" wth! Is going on ! Is all I could think waking up from a deep sleep with the manager telling me cops are looking for me, to sum it all up after getting through an AXIETY ATTACK AND OCD ATTACK! In my room the manager try's to switch up the story and begin a new story till he doesn't even realize what he's saying, no respect as in eye contact, I felt offended stereotyped and with the feeling of who cares if your here or not. As soon as I mentioned a news cast the feelings changed and I was being treated as afive star customer as to the one or maybe even no stars I was given to begin with, I would still recommend the hotel because we are not snobs or rude individuals but I wouldn't recommended the current manager maybe a new one if possible! One that really cares for the customers and really loves his position and not trying to give his visitors a heart attack guest you have been warned !!!

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank KarenOrengo
HotelLeJolie, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
The General Manager was brought into an on-going NYPD investigation that involved your room number specifically and guest's you brought into the hotel. We will always cooperate with our local law enforcement agents in the protection of all our guests.
San Jose, California
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

The reviews are right, the hotel is very clean. I found that the "friendlyness" people speak of was rather not existant however. Don't think I had a single person smile to me. But maybe that's just Brooklyn.

The hotel itself looks like it might have Been a good location.....60years ago before they built a freeway overpass across the street. Kids are skateboarding over there literallly 24hrs a day.

The location, if you want to hit up all the local bars and whatnot is good. It is close to several subways. About 30-60mins away by subway to times square empire state building 9/11 memorial etc.

The room...this was my major issue. It was literally the size of my walkin cloaet. With two people staying in the room is was extremely cramped and barely able to walk around in it.

The shower....one of my favorite parts of staying in hotels are the showers and baths. This bathtub was of a size lesser than is able to comfortably fit a man of my size 6'1 195lbs. My 5'4 gf had no problem with the bath though. However some bath salts or something would have been nice. The shower itself was of meddling pressure and as such compmetely unenjoyable.

Thebreakfast Buffett everyone seems to love was rather...cheap to me. 3cereals 3instant oatmels. Handful of mini bagels and pastries all of mediocore quality. Some yougurtaand hard boiled eggs. Cranberry apple orange juice and coffee. The coffee was ok. The orangejuice was Terri le. It tasted like the oj you get at fast food places when ordering breakfast. Or maybe the kind you got when you were a kid in elementary school. Sour bitter and disgusting.

When asking for directions to the nearest market or pharmacy to buy some pepto and milk (gf had a stomachache) I was upset to be given directions to a duanereed 2miles away when on the way back (I took a different route) I found the millennium market just 5blocks away.

Overall, its nice its clean its quiet its centrally located in the heart of Brooklyn amidst a ton of local bars and restaurants to visit. If you stay Here check out the Abby or barcade. And its not bad....for a closet. But I still wouldn't stay here again or recommend anyone else to.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank shawnpatrick85
We are extremely sad to hear that we failed to meet your expectations in staying at Hotel le Jolie. Our rooms and cleanliness issues were met with great appreciation from your review comments and will be shared with our Back of the House team.
British Columbia
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a great spot for exploring Williamsburg. Everything's an easy walk away. The folks that run the place are very courteous and helpful. Nice touches like free wifi and breakfast are most welcome. The rooms however suffer from thin walls - thus sound travels easily. The rooms on the expressway side get a low constant vehicle hum.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms on the Expressway side.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

We strive to exceed our guest expectations on every stay for every guest.

Your comments will be shared with our Team Members in our efforts to alleviate this from future guest stays.
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed in Hotel Le Jolie for 3 nights, was an excellent time with family. Very clean and very good service. Easy access to subway. Prices are more than reasonable. We will definitely return. Staff very helpfull and courteous.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your positive feedback about Hotel Le Jolie. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it.
Allentown PA
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This team of professionals at La Jolie, are above expectations. They booked me directly when I needed to meet an internet price... they held the reservation when,
I had to call a friend, and they were as gracious as ever upon arrival.

The team gave us a nice room, many nice features, and a lovely buffet in the morning. Coffee is hot and fruits are fresh.. the CLEANLINESS was superb.

When we needed to travel both in NYC and on the roads, they went out of their way to help us with maps highlighters and coaching. So much better than expected, and a great price.,

Blessings to all the front desk staff, and I Hope they pay you all well, your'e worth it!
Megan

Room Tip: no worries could not hear a thing!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your positive feedback about Hotel Le Jolie. We couldn't have said it better ! We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it.