“Exactly what we needed”

Hotel Le Jolie
Ranked #4 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 5, 2012

When we got off the subway and tried to find the Hotel we found the local area a little bit scary, but then we were halfway across the world, jet lagged and unfamiliar with the area. We looked back on this and laughed so don't let first impressions of walking under the bridge put you off. The hotel staff were really friendly and helpful and it became our haven for the week. Rooms are modern, spacious by New York standards and very clean. The location is so handy for the subway and it felt like no time till we were in Manhattan. The continental breakfast was spot on and kept us going through the day, if your looking for somewhere which is value for money but still a nice hotel this is it. We will definately be returning in the future and look back at our holiday here with great memories.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Loulou P
HotelLeJolie, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you so much for your positive feedback about Hotel Le Jolie. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Le Jolie

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed there after sandy furry came, the mgr mr Patel, could not have been worse, I Reyes to get a good nice sleep and the ice machine was going off all nite, I asked them to please tun it off, with they responded in saying I check with the mgmt, well theat never happened , I checked out called the mgr or what ever he is to find out why my request was not handled and told him why, he said you were lucky we gave you a room, and if you don't like it, sue me, I'll sue you , are you kidding, nobody I know will ever stay there, wow

Stayed: November 2012
4  Thank Larry U

Reviewed November 1, 2012

The hotel is actually well located. The G line takes you straight to the East Side and Chelsea within minutes. It's 5 minutes to hub of Williamsburg's Bedford Street. People at reception are very helpful and the generous breakfast also deserves a special mention. The immediate neighbourhood with the expressway in front and building site next door are not great. But I#m sure will improve in time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Helga D

Reviewed October 10, 2012

First I will say that the hotel is clean and looks fairly new. I used to think that if this was the best you could say about a hotel it wasn't much.There is no lobby at all except I think a chair for people to use a computer. The hotel is located across the street from on overpass. Fortunately our room was on the other side and we did not hear any road noise at all. However, all night long people shut the heavy doors loudly coming in and out. It was unvelievable!. The rooms are so small I thought I would get dizzy going to the bathroom which is miniscule. I know NY hotels are overpriced but we paid over $300 a night. It was an obscene price for the equivalent of a Hampton Inn which I actually like but at $100 vs. $300.

Room Tip: Stay away from the overpass side.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
HotelLeJolie, Front Office Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about Hotel le Jolie. Under isolated events, we may fall short of exceeding our guest expectations. I have passed your comments on to the General Manager and Corporate Office. All feedback is necessary for us to continue to improve.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

While trying to put together a last minute trip and finding all other hotels in Brooklyn and Manhattan were way out of my price range or booked, I went for Le Jolie. At first we were concerned about the area but, the location was perfect and no issues arose! Away from the hectic pace of the city, but so close to the subway which easily accessed everywhere we wanted to go. Sure, parking is limited, but there is ample parking just across the street. The room was small, but we were there to see NY, room was for cleaning up and sleeping. Our window looked out on the highway, but we never heard it at night which was nice. The last night there, we DID hear the people next to us come in around 3:30 am, opening and shutting their room doors. The walls seemed so thin in that moment! I could almost clearly hear their whole converstion. An hour of misery! We turned down the AC so it would kick on and drown out the noises. All other nights I thought the ac was loud, that night I was thankful for it! Bring your own pillow if possible, the feather pillows go flat quickly and feel hard as a rock. I was refluffing all night! As for the breakfast, it was small but adequate. I'd recommend getting your morning coffee elsewhere though as theirs was horrible! Overall, priced a little high for what you get, but in comparison to others in the area it was in my range and available. Service was friendly. I would stay there again due to the location being so good.

1  Thank Holly B
HotelLeJolie, Front Office Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed 4 nights this trip and found the staff as pleasant and efficient as usual, everything clean and tidy. The room had everything I needed and everything about the bathroom is good quality.
Breakfasts are fine although I would like a greater selection of fruit.... prunes and bananas added would be great. i would also prefer vanilla yogurt to other fruit flavours.......But I realise I am getting quite picky now. the breakfast buffet is tended fantastically so that everything is available, tidy and appetising whether you are there at 7am or 9am.
I shall look forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: I have stayed numerous times whilst visiting my son who lives close by and have stayed in rooms on v...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank whereischrissie

Thank you whereischrissie, ! Our repeat guest's frequent enough that they intimately know our entire hotel, staff and accommodations like their own home. We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts. See you soon!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

OK at half the price. Room was barely adequate size for 2 people. Clean and pleasant staff. Felt mislead by high ratings on TA. Should have kept reading! There are very few parking spots. Had to park across the street under highway.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Peter G, Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about Hotel Le Jolie. Under isolated events, we may fall short of exceeding our guest expectations. I have passed your comments on to the General Manager and Corporate Office. All feedback is necessary for us to continue to improve.