“Most overpriced hotel ever!” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Le Jolie
Ranked #4 of 68 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver
“Most overpriced hotel ever!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

First I will say that the hotel is clean and looks fairly new. I used to think that if this was the best you could say about a hotel it wasn't much.There is no lobby at all except I think a chair for people to use a computer. The hotel is located across the street from on overpass. Fortunately our room was on the other side and we did not hear any road noise at all. However, all night long people shut the heavy doors loudly coming in and out. It was unvelievable!. The rooms are so small I thought I would get dizzy going to the bathroom which is miniscule. I know NY hotels are overpriced but we paid over $300 a night. It was an obscene price for the equivalent of a Hampton Inn which I actually like but at $100 vs. $300.

Room Tip: Stay away from the overpass side.
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
HotelLeJolie, Front Office Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about Hotel le Jolie. Under isolated events, we may fall short of exceeding our guest expectations. I have passed your comments on to the General Manager and Corporate Office. All feedback is necessary for us to continue to improve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

While trying to put together a last minute trip and finding all other hotels in Brooklyn and Manhattan were way out of my price range or booked, I went for Le Jolie. At first we were concerned about the area but, the location was perfect and no issues arose! Away from the hectic pace of the city, but so close to the subway which easily accessed everywhere we wanted to go. Sure, parking is limited, but there is ample parking just across the street. The room was small, but we were there to see NY, room was for cleaning up and sleeping. Our window looked out on the highway, but we never heard it at night which was nice. The last night there, we DID hear the people next to us come in around 3:30 am, opening and shutting their room doors. The walls seemed so thin in that moment! I could almost clearly hear their whole converstion. An hour of misery! We turned down the AC so it would kick on and drown out the noises. All other nights I thought the ac was loud, that night I was thankful for it! Bring your own pillow if possible, the feather pillows go flat quickly and feel hard as a rock. I was refluffing all night! As for the breakfast, it was small but adequate. I'd recommend getting your morning coffee elsewhere though as theirs was horrible! Overall, priced a little high for what you get, but in comparison to others in the area it was in my range and available. Service was friendly. I would stay there again due to the location being so good.

1 Thank Holly B
HotelLeJolie, Front Office Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feedback about Hotel Le Jolie. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it.
Chichester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed 4 nights this trip and found the staff as pleasant and efficient as usual, everything clean and tidy. The room had everything I needed and everything about the bathroom is good quality.
Breakfasts are fine although I would like a greater selection of fruit.... prunes and bananas added would be great. i would also prefer vanilla yogurt to other fruit flavours.......But I realise I am getting quite picky now. the breakfast buffet is tended fantastically so that everything is available, tidy and appetising whether you are there at 7am or 9am.
I shall look forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: I have stayed numerous times whilst visiting my son who lives close by and have stayed in rooms on v...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank whereischrissie
Thank you whereischrissie, ! Our repeat guest's frequent enough that they intimately know our entire hotel, staff and accommodations like their own home. We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts. See you soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

OK at half the price. Room was barely adequate size for 2 people. Clean and pleasant staff. Felt mislead by high ratings on TA. Should have kept reading! There are very few parking spots. Had to park across the street under highway.

• 3 of 5 stars
Dear Peter G, Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about Hotel Le Jolie. Under isolated events, we may fall short of exceeding our guest expectations. I have passed your comments on to the General Manager and Corporate Office. All feedback is necessary for us to continue to improve.
Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed at Le Jolie for 5 nights, and extended one more night.
Room was not big but enough for myself. Staff was helpful especially a black hair lady (thank you for free umbrella *not cheap one I still use it, room upgrade!). Room was clean, nice bed, towels were fluffy. Subway station is about 5 min walk, one side do not have any shops around, other one has dinner and natural grocery store. 10 min to 8th ave station, easy access to Port of Authority and Penn Station. Breakfast did not have so many choices but good enough for start of the day, always very clean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank live_baby_live
HotelLeJolie, Front Office Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you Live_Baby_Live for your wonderful comments about our Hotel! We take pride in our excellent customer service skills as well our ability to maximize the level of satisfaction from all our clients. All our guests' instantly get to know our entire hotel, staff and accommodations like their own home. We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts. We hope to see you in the near future!!
Bergen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed at Le Jolie for four nights. The room was small, but clean, with a refrigerator and complimetary water daily. The breakfast was OK, good coffee. Good location. The subway was close, many restaurants, shops and bars in Williamsburg. Cheap laundry service, free luggage storage for several days. An excellent alternative to busy Manhattan hotels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BJNOO
Pawcatuck, Ct USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Le Jolie is a small hotel, the staff was very helpful and friendly. We chose this place as it was close to a wedding we were attending, but turned out to be a place I would come back too. The rooms were small, but very big where it counted, the beds were big and the bathroom was fine.
the breakfast was OK. Coffee was good. I will return

Room Tip: Got to upper floors, three or four.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Fordan
HotelLeJolie, Front Office Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
We couldn't have said it better! Our first time guest's frequently find our hotel and instantly get to know our entire hotel, staff and accommodations like their own home. We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.