“Pretty good for Fairbanks”
Review of Wasabi Bay

Wasabi Bay
Ranked #58 of 249 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2011

I got the rainbow roll. Service was fast, food was delicious and the restaurant was very clean.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

The sushi was surprisingly delicious. Surprisingly large selection.

Reviewed June 12, 2011

To my mind, Sushi is best made by a Japanese chef. Best buy here is the Mariner roll in which sashimi is placed on top of a roll and may be eaten separately. Japanese beer is only available in small cans.

2  Thank phil&dot
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Came here based on the reviews and it was spot on. Hard place to spot on the outside and very plain, but inside is cozy and quaint. We ordered rolls here and they were all absolutely delicious - dragon roll, spicy tuna hand roll, CA hand roll, and kenisu (spelling?) roll <-- wrapped in cucumber and very refreshing. You get complimentary miso soup with your dinner. Hand rolls are huge. Everything was fresh and yummy.

1  Thank Tippi_K
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I had dinner here and enjoyed it. I imagine running a successful sushi restaurant in Fairbanks is challenging, but these people seem to have it down.

I ordered yellowtail, salmon, scallop, and eel sushi along with a rainbow roll. I was disappointed that they didn't offer uni and were out of ikura but that's how it goes. What I got was solidly good - not great but certainly good. They gave me some miso soup and that, too, was good.

Compared with sushi in Anchorage, I consider this place run-of-the-mill but still good. I would eat here again.