The Aurora Express
$233
Hampton.com
$154
$149
Best Western Plus Pioneer Park Inn(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
$194
$155
BestWestern.com
Best Western Plus Chena River Lodge(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
$209
$240
$170
La Quinta Inn & Suites(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
$194
La Quinta
Wedgewood Resort(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
$165
$160
All reviewsdining cartrain carimmaculate conceptionbreakfast was deliciousowners susanmemorable stayalaskan experiencechena riverboth morningsfairbanks areapump housestayed for two nightssitting areacaboosestoriesbordellorailroad
Reviewed July 15, 2007

We had a great time and Sue and Mike are super nice folks. Staying in an old rail car is kind of neat and the view overlooking the city is unbeatable.
Its a bit hard to find but once your there you get a feel for the area pretty quickly.
They serve a ton of food for breakfast and it kept us going all day.

I would recommend staying here vs a traditional hotel as it is a lot friendlier. Not having internet access was nice for a change and we would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank AmberLantern
Reviewed April 12, 2007

Spent one week at this Fantastic! bed and breakfast. Private rooms designed from beautifully restored antique Railroad cars. The owners Mike and Susan were some of the best hosts we have ever had. The food was out of this world. 5 Star luxury at resonable prices. We left feeling like part of the family. Thanks for everything! Will definately return with our friends next year.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank justgc
Reviewed September 14, 2006

If you are looking for a great place with character and a little fun, this is your place. From the funky train car rooms to the excellent Breakfast, you won't be disappointed. I'm only sorry we couldn't have stayed longer!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
8  Thank K_English
Reviewed August 1, 2006

I recently spent four nights at the Aurora Express and Forget Me Not Lodge in Fairbanks, Alaska which is a bed and breakfast run by Mike and Sue Wilson. They bought a bunch of authentic Alasak Railroad pullman cars and converted them into rooms. Oh my God! They have some outrageous rooms. The one my family stayed in was decorated in Thomas the Tank Engine and my son loved it. The Dining car reminded me of a brothel (But I like Parisian brothels!). The ceiling in the dining car is incredible with the Aurora Borealis and soaring eagles, it is phenomenal. The cars are also located on the side of a mountain and you have a breathtaking view overlooking Fairbanks and some lakes. I wish I had the kind of creative panache that Sue had in creating these themed rooms. Sue also makes the best banana french toast and bacon stuffed mushrooms. Mike's no slouch either, he makes a mean twice baked potato. The only drawback is that you have to wake up early for the 8:00 breakfast, but it is soooo worth it. The atmosphere is so welcoming and that's part of the charm because everyone eats together and you get to know the hosts and the other people. A great part of what makes this the most unique B&B experience is Mike and Sue. They are so down to earth and normal and make you feel like family. They share so much of themselves with you that you feel like you've known them forever. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone. I feel like I've made some friends for life.

9  Thank brooklynjeanne
Reviewed June 8, 2006

Staying at the Aurora Express is a must do if you will be anywhere near Fairbanks. It is a destination of its own. Sleeping in the spacious, luxury rail cars was soooo comfortable and soooo fun. They had recently had a wedding party there. What a great idea! The food, scenery, and visits with our hosts and other guests were also incredible! Our only regret is that we couldn't stay longer. The exquisite dining car is set up for a relaxing place to visit, read, watch TV, etc. We felt like we were in a mini-resort and we were VIP--except it was a budget price! We plan to go back just to stay there again.

Stayed: June 2006