All reviewssurrounded by treessecluded locationloop roadwooded areaindoor poolwafflesking roomroom was cleannice hotelhotel is locatedhot breakfastacross the riverfront desk staffstay there againwaffle makerthe breakfast areastaff was very friendly and helpful
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at Pioneer Park. The room was updated, and clean. The front desk staff was friendly and knowledgeable, especially Kia. You can even leave a wake up call to be notified when the LIGHTS are active! The breakfast was good too, offering many different breakfast choices.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Enjoyed my 5 night stay very much. The breakfast was very good, with multiple hot and cold items. The dining area is a little on the small size, though adequate. The bed was very comfortable with nice pillows. I liked that the room service staff asked what time you wanted your room attended to. This prevented having to worry about interruptions in our sleep or having to hurry out in the mornings. The front desk staff was friendly, though they seemed a little short-handed. I loved the location--it was quiet and surrounded by trees. It is still close to everything, since Fairbanks is small with only 3-4 main streets. There is no shuttle to the airport or car rental but the hotel pays for your taxi, so all was well there. I would definitely pick this hotel again!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

When we checked in to our room there was no toilet paper or Kleenex and no room clock. You could see the light through a half inch gap outside from the sides of our door to our room and the heat came through the cracks all night and the temp in our room got up to 80 degrees. The front staff could of cared less when I told them about all the things wrong with our room. Would not stay there again

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Of the two Best Western in Fairbanks this is our "go to" place for relaxation. We live in a dry cabin and go here every three months or so to enjoy indoor amenities. Its location is ideal for us, tucked back in the woods next to the river. It's quiet and very relaxing, and close to one of Fairbanks' chief tourist destinations, Pioneer Park.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Paul R
Reviewed March 15, 2014

At $60 a night, this place is excellent value. It's located in the woods yet close to major roadways and was the perfect location for visiting the Ice Art Championship.

We were in a double queen handicap room and found the room to be cramped. The bathroom was larger and had 7 handle bars (which is why we think it was a handicap room). The mirror was a little low for my husband. The room had good temperature control. The beds were soft but provided decent support. The linens were hotel standard. The TV worked well.

The wifi worked well even with a ton of kids staying at the hotel.

This was a family friendly hotel during our stay… so much so that the pool and fitness center were always full so we could not use them during our stay. There were only 4 pieces of equipment in the small fitness center.

The room was generally clean, but could use a good dusting of the coffee machine, bedroom side table, and light fixtures. The shower head did not work well and we had to fix it twice (it kept slipping down). It was also difficult to adjust for a very adjustable shower head. The water was also difficult to adjust, it was either too hot or just a little too cold. This hotel does not use the disposable shampoo/conditioner and soap bottles! :)

Most of the kids were good, but parents still let there children scream in the hotel hallways late at night and early in the morning. The loud heater noises (from the room above us I think) was really annoying at night. It was probably 50 decibels and was off and on during our stay.

Our check in experience was less than positive. There were two staff members, a man and a young women, both were typing when I approached to check in… they both scowled at me. The man dismissed me as beneath him and the women snarled "Can I help you?" after a couple moments of me trying to figure out if they were going to talk to me at all. Gosh, I just wanted to check in. She then went through the motions and same verbiage I'm sure she has said many times before in the quietest voice she could possible use and still be somewhat audible in the busy lobby. Not friendly whatsoever… in fact, they were quite unpleasant and I wanted to leave, but the hotels in Fairbanks were full that weekend. A long winter in Fairbanks I guess... We talked to the staff a couple other times and they were civil at best. At least the woman at check out was nice and normal.