“Great value. Go for the fireplace!”

Best Western Plus Pioneer Park Inn
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Fairbanks
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great value. Go for the fireplace!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights while in Fairbanks. Exceptional value - our room was spacious and modern. We also had a room with a fireplace which was certainly nice during our cold visit. Location was nice - set back away from the street yet it was on a main road so we were able to get to our site seeing activities quickly. The only negative was that the front desk was not great at recommending activities, restaurants, directions, etc. so come with a plan.

Room Tip: Fireplace room was great!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Updated decor, clean, quiet, good free hot breakfast and very well priced. Not really within walking distance of Pioneer Park, or anywhere else for that matter. (I don't think many hotels in Fairbanks are within walking distance of restaurants or anything...the town is spread out, other than downtown, which has few lodgings.) They offered to upgrade us to a king with fireplace upon arrival. Cool! We'd stay there again. Lots of young kids and teens there. Small pool was busy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

San Diego, California
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Went to Fairbanks to see the Ice Festival. This Best Western is in an excellent location - within a half mile of the ice park. Plus, easy access to restaurants and stores. The room was very nice and comfortable. And the hot breakfast provided most foods for any type breakfast - waffles, eggs, toast, etc.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

California
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Clean large room with 2 queen beds. Could use more wattage in the lamps, as it was quite dark, especially in the bathroom. The breakfast service was very slow, i.e., items would continually run out, and refill would take forever.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Larry192
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This hotel is affordable and very nice. It looks like it is new or was remodeled recently. The staff were all very friendly. The pool looks nice. Morning breakfast is a nice touch. I would stay here again. The car is a little out of the way so be sure to have a rental car.

Anchorage, United States
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I took my fiancé to Fairbanks for a long weekend for her birthday. We had read about the recommendations for this hotel and thought it would be a nice place to stay. Once we arrived the staff was nice enough and did have flowers out as I had asked for, but after that the troubles started. The King suite we were in at first did not have a working bathroom, so they moved us across the hall to another one. Which I thought was ok, but then I started to look around the room. The fire alarm was open and hanging from the ceiling, which one would think is not a good thing. The heat lamp in the bathroom just had a standard bulb in it, which defeated the purpose of a heat lamp system. The internet was in the range of dial up and took forever for us to plan our outings in the Fairbanks area. After the first day we came back to our room which the door had been left propped open by the cleaning staff who appeared to have forgotten to shut it. After a few frantic moments of making sure none of our belongings had been stolen, we noticed that they had also forgotten to give us new towels or to put a new garbage bag in the garbage bin. After that day I had to ask for new towels daily and the garbage was never removed and I had to ask for a new roll of toilet paper. Beyond that the bed was fine, but the lack of continues cleaning or basic things was highly disappointing for how much I spent for a King suite with a whirlpool.

2 Thank Chase M
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I really hated this place! Nice rooms, but staff is incompetent, wanted to charge me an extra $25.00 above my already payed for room. I told them "that was a deal breaker I booked my room online and that was the price I was going to pay." The manager came out and fixed the situation but had to charge me $1.00 extra hahaha I still don't understand the logic. The internet is the slowest I've seen since dial-up and loses connection quickly. I really wish I had just spent the night at the airport!

Room Tip: Look else where
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Christopher R
ChenaRivergm, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Pioneer Park Inn, responded to this review, November 24, 2014
I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. The fee is standard hold placed on the card that is returned upon checkout, we do that for all our guests whether or not they booked online.