Fairbanks is not noted as a hotel paradise, but the newly-renovated Westmark aims to please. The rooms (especially the "suites") are very spacious and the price is definitely right. Good service, a pleasant restaurant, good complementary breakfast, free wi-fi, cable TV and ample parking. Some reviews claim the walls are "paper thin," but no more so than a Mariott or Hampton Inn or other comparable hostelry. We've been to Fairbanks many, many times and this is the best place to stay.
Warning-- it is used by Holland America and other cruise lines in summer so space can be tight. If you want ample room choice, go in January-February when it can be -30 below.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westmark Fairbanks Hotel & Conference Center is rising to new heights in Fairbanks and sets the standard for elegance, style and service in the Golden Heart City. With a convenient downtown location, the Westmark Fairbanks is prepared to meet your every need, whether business or leisure. Your hospitality needs are served with 400 guest rooms and more than 17,000 square feet of meeting space. Junior, executive and two room suites are available. Wi-Fi internet connection is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Westmark Fairbanks Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westmark Fairbanks Hotel Fairbanks
- Westmark Hotel Fairbanks
- Westmark Fairbanks Hotel And Conference Center Alaska