“Loved the Seven Gables Inn”

7 Gables Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 40 Fairbanks B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 17, 2007

I highly recommend the Seven Gables Inn in Fairbanks, Alaska, for anyone who likes to be treated royally at an affordable price.

I stayed at the inn for two nights while on a business trip recently, and found the inn to be one of the best experiences I've ever had at any hotel or B&B in my extensive travels.

The owners of the inn go above and beyond to make guests feel comfortable. The common areas are cozy, the bedrooms are spotless and the atmosphere totally relaxing. And the gourmet breakfasts are simply divine.

The bed in my well-decorated room was so comfortable, that I had the best two night's sleep that I've had in years.

From now on, I will make every attempt to stay at Seven Gables Inn whenever I am in Fairbanks.

Laurel Downing Bill

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Labdon
There are newer reviews for 7 Gables Inn & Suites

Reviewed July 18, 2007

As with most places in Alaska during the summer, the cost was up from the rest of the year. However, the value received was good. The owners were very friendly and the room was more than adequate. We arrived at 1:30 am and they were there to meet and greet us. All 3 days that we stayed had different cooked breakfasts that were very good and served by a cheerful wait-staff (even at 7 am). The location was convenient to the airport and easy to find. We also found the location convenient to sites in Fairbanks and the surrounding area.

If/when we return to Fairbanks, we will plan to stay at 7 Gables again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Retiree-Traveler-7
Reviewed June 21, 2007

Traveling alone from the lower 48, finding a decent B&B for my week in Fairbanks was paramount. I learned of 7 Gables from the Fairbanks CVB website and was glad I found them.

Hosts Paul and Lichina are outstanding in making their guests feel at home during their stay. The main building (the namesake 7 Gables) is spacious and homey. There is a large kitchen for guests to store their own food items or to make a snack or meal. The breakfast area is set up much like a cozy diner, making interaction with other guests very easy.

The breakfasts prepared and served by Lichina were gourmet quality and easily a $10-$20 value! While I'm typically not very adventurous in my food choices, I loved everything that she prepared during my stay. Early morning tour? Not a problem, she will make a bagged breakfast for you to take with you.

I will definitely return to Fairbanks again . . . and will stay here!!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank TimeshareVon
Reviewed June 10, 2007

We travel in a group. Most places will not accomodate us as Seven Gables has. It is a personal atmosphere. The host family is involved in making the stay here comfortable. CookieCutter Hotels with their "Continental" Breakfast (stale coffeee and bagel with a tube of creamchese) cannot compare to the prepared and served fare cooked up by the hostess. French press coffee, Juice, and fresh fruit is standard followed by actual international style recipies of eggs, custards and more. We stayed a month.
We will return for a couple more. T.I.A. This is Alaska!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank StrykerPro
Reviewed February 21, 2007

As locals looking for a quick winter overnight stay, my husband and I felt as if we had left town! The owners were friendly, and the room was clean. The bedroom furnishings are very attractive, and our needs were well accommodated. The inn itself is very European in appearance, and we can't wait to see it in the summer. We very much enjoyed our breakfast, chatting with other visitors from a foreign country, giving them tips on some things to do during their stay, and we will definitely return for another "break."

Stayed: February 2007
1  Thank gmccoy
Reviewed September 10, 2006

We had spent a couple of honeymoon nights at this place two years prior, without incident, so decided to reserve another night there to reminisce. I called the proprietor directly in January, and made reservations for a specific room. I asked for a confirmation number, and he supposedly gave it.

When we arrived in May, they did not have our reservation any longer. Our supposed confirmation number was not a confirmation number at all. He offered a room with a shared bathroom in the basement... ugh!! Or a penthouse suite at the top of a building still under construction. The room was still under construction!!! Workers were still in it, and he was offering it for that night. No way!

He told us he would be happy to give us the room we requested the following night. We arrived the next day and after he escorted us to our room, he proceeded to scold us. Supposedly he had to kick the tenants out of that room (which he had told us would be vacant!!), and said he doesn't usually allow people to reserve a specific room for just one night. He was very rude. I told him I did not want to stay there if we were going to be treated like that, but he instantly backed off... because, of course, he wanted our money.

NEVER EVER AGAIN will we stay here. We warn all of our Fairbanks friends and family of it; of course most of them have their own horror stories.

Sorry for the long rant, but wanted ya'll to know!

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled as a couple
6  Thank alaskanjlo
Reviewed September 8, 2006

I checked before I booked to see if I could get messages and was told that yes, there is a voice mail system. When I got there and asked how it worked, surprise, no voice mail & she said she didn't have time to take messages. That meant that if I were expecting a call, I had to stay in the room myself.
Wireless internet was hit or miss. They advertise wireless & she says that you just need the connector , "Only a $6.00 item, she says." But why advertise wireless, then? A real printed statement/bill would have been nice instead of a handwritten carbon copy.
The room was clean, very utilitarian and cheaply furnished. No luxury. The setting on the balcony was nice. The solarium old and not kept up. Lots of garbage and junk outside the buildings. You could hear the owners nervous laugh all over the compound. Loud and unpleasant. Breakfasts were nice. They want all your money up front.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business