“Great Place, Great Value”

7 Gables Inn & Suites
Ranked #20 of 40 Fairbanks B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 25, 2009

Found 7 Gables after looking at many hotels and B & B's. Small, quaint, and comfortable, breakfast included. Quiet and safe.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 5, 2009

Absolutely filthy.Cigarette burns everywhere, Holes in carpet & blankets. Junk everywhere. Nasty. Nasty. Nasty.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hopewellbb
Reviewed August 17, 2009

we stayed in a s/c unit Condo 701, a 3 drive from the main house. Location is in a suburban street no view. Unit was clean, kitchen well equipped. Owners were very helpful & friendly on a number of ocassions. Washing/drying cheaper than other Alaskan places. Stayed 2 nights.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janellesteve
Reviewed July 26, 2009

We enjoy trying the daily gourmet breakfasts with a variety of food made from recipes from around the world. Leicha rotates the daily breakfast menu. Use of a guest fridge for our own food supplies when we were staying several days was handy. Their website has several recipes available there. In all the years I've traveled to Fairbanks I have always found their B & B very clean. All the rooms were none smoking and the owners are also none smokers. The rooms in the main house are nicely furnished. The apartments and suites next door are great too except for the number of stairs you have to climb to get to the apartment. You would not want to have a lot of luggage and groceries and haul it all the way up to the 3rd floor in the apartments. The apartments next to the big house have plenty of room to sleep several people and or a family and have kitchens in them too. In the main house I think there are about 5 rooms with private baths and jacuzzis and then an apartment in the basement and a honeymoon suite upstairs and one additional room with a separate bath. These main bedrooms have gable windows which the kids thought were really neat. The B & B dining and kitchen and living areas have always been clean. Leicha has strict rules about how the dishes are washed and where the food is served versus where the food is prepared. She has another kitchen in the main house that has a microwave which we were allowed to use right near the guest fridge. The laundry facilities are in the garage which is not very clean or neat but whose garage is? The grounds are well kept in the summer and the green house entry is always a delight. In the winter we had a parking area that had a plug in for our car which was handy.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2009

On the night of our arrival, the owner could not find a record of our reservation. He temporarily placed us in one of his B&B rooms instead of the one bedroom apartment we had reserved. That was acceptable to us for two nights. He then told us that the people had not vacated the unit we were supposed to have and he could not evict them. He then gave us a one room efficiency where the water reeked of hydrogen sulfide and which was so small that the only place to sit and watch tv was on the bed. The luggage had to be stored under the bathroom sink. The whole place was shabby.
One of the reasons we selected this facility was that its web site offered free use of bicycles to guests. These bicycles turned out to be in decrepit condition and the owner would not ask any of his staff to repair them. One of the bikes we borrowed even lost a pedal while we rode. Also, he insisted that we purchase a bicycle lock before he would let us use a bicycle. Fortunately, after 6 nights, we were able to find appropriate accommodations elsewhere - and for less money.
What was most disturbing was that he repeatedly yelled at staff in front of guests and, in general, treated these people in an abusive manner.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank Elizabeth L
Reviewed June 11, 2009

The first thing you notice is the lack of care taken on the grounds. A lot of "junk" aying all over. Bikes, tools, wood, etc. The. grounds would best be described as a junkyard. When you enter the building you definitely notice the generally rundown condtion of the building. we arrived mid day and found the owner in the kitchen after the breakfast was served. we decided immediately that we would not eat there. I inquired with the local health officials about the condition of the food prep area. To say is disguisting would be an understatement. I doubt the area has been cleaned in several weeks. My wife has worked in the food service industry for several years and these people have to be making people ill with there poor food handling and preperation.
The room we stayed in was small, but was acceptable. We where very cautious about making sure the bed and bathroom where clean by going to the supermarket and purchasing disinfectant wipes. Be awarw before you book that this place is not what it advertises. The male in the facilitiy is very rude and nasty. I trully will never return. There are many small bed / breakfasts in the area which far exceed this facility.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dad10465
Reviewed January 22, 2009

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!! I was on travel for work and reserved a appartment for my duration. I landed in Fairbanks after a 20+ hour flight and finally got to my room. First: I noticed cig ashes by the front door on the floor under the door knob. Second: Entered the room & it had a foul odor. Third: Pulled the sheets back there were short curlie hairs on the bed and some type of brown stain on the pillow. Fourth: The wall next to the dinner table had coffee/tea stains on it. Fifth: While taking a shower a long wad of hair floated up and attached itself on my leg. Sixth: TV entertainment systems VERY outdated, dirty with no remotes. Seventh: Overall condition of this palce was so FILTHY that I showered got dressed laid my jacket on the couch and slept on top of my jacket for a few hours.
Discussed these issues with the owner, he acted as if he was unaware of the conditions but was a poor actor. He was very hesitant on giving me my deposite for the weeks I had reserved. Would NOT let my dog stay there!!
Very NASTY and the people @ the main house were WEIRD. Do not

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank aseasider