Let's be clear: the Alpine Lodge is not a "destination resort." It's an airport motel. So the "four circles" means it does a very good job for an airport hotel.
We arrived in Fairbanks at 1 AM, which evidently is pretty typical. Once we had our luggage, we called the Alpine Lodge...
-- three minutes later their shuttle arrived
-- ten minutes later we had checked in
-- twenty minutes we were in bed, ready to capture as much sleep as we could from what remained of our night.
Twenty minutes from picking up our luggage off the carousel to putting our heads on the pillow. What more could you ask from an airport motel?
Service was consistently friendly and responsive. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable (or, were we just exhausted?). There are blackout curtains on the windows (not necessary in September but a big deal in June).
Whenever we fly into Fairbanks, we'll be staying here.
We got an $89 plus tax rate through Expedia. The "four circle" value rating reflects the fact that Alaska tends to be an expensive place.
(1) We passed on the $5 continental breakfast (which appeared adequate but we've seen better even in budget motels) and ate a hearty "skillet" breakfast at Family Restaurant, a couple of miles away on Airport Way.
(2) There is an Alamo/National rental car location just across the parking lot. If you reserve your rental car from that location, you avoid the considerable airport tax. Jennifer O'Neill is the Station Manager there and was very helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is conveniently located near the Fairbanks International Airport and Alaska Railroad Depot. Complimentary shuttle offered to both locations. La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairbanks Airport is also convenient to Riverboat Discovery, Pioneer Park, the University of Alaska Fairbanks, Ft Wainwright and downtown Fairbanks. Open year-round, the hotel offers an Alaska-themed spacious lobby, 113 deluxe guest rooms and suites, and a full-service restaurant and lounge- The Finish Line. Settle in with a local restaurant and lounge before enjoying the cuisine in the restaurant. No matter how long your stay- you're sure to enjoy Northern Lights wake-up calls and complimentary WIFI. Your stay at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairbanks Airport in Fairbanks is sure to be one you'll write home about. We look forward to sharing the spirit of Alaska! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, LaQuinta, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairbanks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpine Hotel Fairbanks
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairbanks Alaska