“We're in Fairbanks????”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fairbanks
Dale and Jo View Suites
Ranked #8 of 40 Fairbanks B&B and Inns
Kansas
“We're in Fairbanks????”
Reviewed May 29, 2009

This is a beautiful home/B&B with a gorgeous Alaskan view on the mountain in Fairbanks. One does not feel like they are in town. The surroundings are quiet and peaceful, with plenty of places to walk and see nature/wildlife. The home is elegant, clean, warm and inviting. Our room was elegant as well, quiet , and had a breathtaking view. The Sleep Number bed was a bonus! The food was great! Dale and Jo are wonderful hosts, very warm, friendly, and helpful in pointing us to "don't miss" sights in the area. Don't miss this one if you're going to Fairbanks!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pacwoman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Atlanta, KS
Reviewed May 28, 2009

What a wonderful retreat to spend a few days in the wonderful world of Fairbanks, AK.. Great views, a great breakfast from a hoste who truly cares for their guest and a room that was impeccable. It was just a shame that we had to leave. I really wanted to move in. During our vacation we stayed at four top rated B & B's and this one is definitly the best of the four. Congratulations to Dale and Jo for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
New Zealand
Reviewed March 31, 2009

Thank you Dale & Jo for your warm hospitality and welcoming us at your amazing B&B. We travelled around Alaska as part of our Honeymoon and this was the best B&B we stayed at. Jo is a great host and goes out of her way to help out. After a day of ice fishing she even cooked the fish we caught for dinner! The Spa room was great and we could have asked for better. The bed was very comfortable and room was lovely and cosy during the winter nights.
We had an awesome time in Alaska, Fairbanks especially and can’t wait to return. Once again, thank you Dale & Jo.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Farmers Branch
Reviewed March 18, 2009

Jo is the quintessential hostess. She is extremely responsive to email questions and clarifications. She provided us with an excellent map and written directions to the home she and her husband have designed specifically for the BEST B & B experience ever. The 3 story house is about 12-15 minutes from Fairbanks, sits on a huge hill and has FANTASTIC views from tons of windows (breakfast and bedroom). Jo is a gourmet cook and has the most extensive breakfast menu (ALL from scratch!) of any B & B ever! Our room (Flower) had a king-size bed with the sleep number mattress (!) and there was lots of room for our luggage and other personal items. She and Dale were extremely responsive to all our questions about what to do, where to eat and so on. They are warm, friendly, professional and just lovely folks!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
trav2006, Owner at Dale and Jo View Suites, responded to this review, March 25, 2009
We are delighted that our guests had a wonderful stay, but we would like to clarify one statement which is that Dale and Jo is 'outside Fairbanks.' We are in Fairbanks, but not in downtown Fairbanks, or the 'city.' Fairbanks is both the city of Fairbanks which has about 30% of our population and the borough of Fairbanks which is the larger geography of Fairbanks. We are in the borough of Fairbanks. This puts us next to the University and 8 miles from the Airport.
California
Reviewed March 2, 2009

We have just returned home from an amazing 3 nights at Dale & Jo's. This is the best place you could possibly stay in Fairbanks!!! If I could give 6 stars I would. Dale and Jo are lovely people who will do everything they can to make sure your stay is perfect. The rooms are well appointed, spacious and exceptionally clean. The breakfasts are delicious (I recommend the Swedish muesli with yogurt) and the location is beautiful. I can't say enough great things about this place. Do yourself a favor and book your accommodation here. Thanks Dale & Jo for making our trip so special and also for those grilled cheese sandwiches at midnight that tasted soooo good :)

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed February 19, 2009

There are nice places to stay, and then there is Dale and Jo View Suites. I have stayed at 5-star hotels in my life, and nothing in my experience can hold a candle to the hospitality that we were treated to for our honeymoon in Fairbanks. As crazy as it may have been to honeymoon to the Alaskan winter, we will never regret a second of our trip.

The room was impeccable, with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, and a bathroom that has spoiled me for life. The jetted shower makes you look forward to getting ready in the mornings. The view of Fairbanks at night was wonderful as well.

The thing that really puts Dale and Jo over the top is the service we received. Jo herself cooks breakfast each day and puts it in a fridge for you to have in the morning whenever you like. It's nice not to have to get up at a certain time when the sun doesn't bother to do it until 10:30! She prepared a "Chena Hot Springs kit" for us to take to the springs, with shoes, towels, and even toiletries for the shower. Even though we never got to see the Northern Lights, it didn't stop the staff from checking all night long, ready to give us a wake-up call to come see them, complete with a flashlight for safety :) Dale was nice enough to plug our car into the heater when it was -15F outside, and it is things like that that really make a place better than great.

As far as location, the removed nature of the place makes it feel much more cozy than being in the center of Fairbanks. It's located in the hills to the west of the city, and at night there is only silence and a view of the stars that is unparalleled in big cities (as long as you aren't there in June!).

You only get one honeymoon in your lifetime (ideally) and we will certainly never forget ours. Not only because we were nuts enough to spend it in the Arctic, but because we were treated like royalty for nine straight days :)

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Richmond, California
Reviewed October 9, 2008

I went to Fairbanks for the sole purpose of seeing the Northern Lights. A bit of research told me that if you stay in F'banks for 4 nights around the equinox, you have an 80% chance to see them. Another bit of research on Trip Advisor told me that Dale & Jo's was the place to stay. I wasn't disappointed on either account. I booked the spa room. The room was immaculate and fully appointed, especially the bathroom, with tons of bath towels and a wide variety of toiletries, including no less than 5 varieties of bath salts. There were large picture windows on 3 walls of the bedroom and a large set of windows above the deep soaking tub. Jo and Dale were delightful. Jo sat me down the first morning to give me the full lowdown on the town,complete with my own guidebook and map to keep. Breakfast was delicious.. in fact, I even ate one of the other guest's breakfast <wink>. Dale went above the call of duty and got my car up the snowy driveway for me. (Hey! I'm from coastal California.. what do I know about driving in the snow?!) For Aurora-watching, Jo gave me a call at 2:30am to alert me that they were out and spectacular! (Sorry, my photos of the lights didn't turn out :( I would highly recommend Dale & Jo's to anyone wanting a relaxing, quality stay in Fairbanks.

• Liked — The setting, innkeepers' hospitality, cleanliness, the Northern Lights
  • Disliked — the nights we couldn't see the Northern Lights!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank dkpac