“Hot, Dirty & Dangerous”

Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Fairbanks
Phoenix, Arizona
“Hot, Dirty & Dangerous”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

When we arrived , we had to make sure our wheeled suitcases & we dodged the dog poop by the front door. Adding to our first impression was the overflowing trash receptacle which wasn't emptied all weekend. You can't regulate the heat in the room, so it was about 75-80 in the room. We stayed in a handicap accessible room & the bathroom floor was sloped improperly so the some of the shower water flowed towards the toilet rather than the floor drain. The floor was wet constantly after the first shower. We put down towels so we wouldn't slip.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Mike – I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that our hotel was not up to standard during your visit. I apologize that you experienced issues with your shower and the heat in your room. I will be meeting with our maintenance staff to ensure these problems do not continue in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at foa@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you’re in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

This has the potential to be a nice place to stay but is very dirt and not maintained by management and staff at this time. Also do not expect to have your reservations respected. When you arrive you may not get the room type/ area you asked for.

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that the cleanliness of our hotel was not up to standard during your visit. To make sure this doesn’t happen again, I will be working closely with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning standards and procedures. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention.

Travelers are raving about these Fairbanks hotels

Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

I had to laugh as this was my second ESA on this trip, where the first had dirty under clothing under the bed, this one had dirty dishes from the previous guest. (I assume the last guest).
I have become annoyed with the inability to control the room heat in these rooms and probably won't stay there any longer.

Room Tip: Check under the beds before staying.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
David – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that there were items in your room from a previous guest. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I am sorry that you experienced difficulties with the heat in your room. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. I hope that you will contact me directly, at foa@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you’re in town.
Fairbanks, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

I'm intrigued by how bad some of these review are. I found the hotel to be very comfortable and friendly. The two people I met at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable and quiet. I love the location close to Fred Meyer and the on ramps to the highway. So it wasn't perfect but what is? The fridge was a little loud and the room was a little hot for my taste but nothing kept me from having a great night's sleep.
The agitated comments about the breakfast offerings really crack me up. I thought the offerings were exactly as advertised.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Fairbanks, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Extended Stay America locates near to Fred Meyer and Safeway, also the city bus transition.
Front desk service is great, they let me to check-in emergency earlier in the morning with my cat and be nice to my cat and me. Free hoot chocolate every morning, nice kitchen with pot and pan and all basic cooking stuff, comfortable bed and nice window view. Both my cat and me enjoy living here! Also nice service when inquiring and reserving via phone. The only deficiency is the sound insulation and slightly high price.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Saint George, Utah, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights, while our room was clean and great value, the front desk guy who checked us in and was about as warm as the Fairbanks January winter weather and was still frosty when I had to call down to get the internet code. The breakfast sucked big time, processed muffins, granola bars, apples and coffee. I have never seen such a sad offering in a hotel and I use them a lot. However they do take dogs, which we needed. This next few items is not a complaint, but did provide us with a giggle, not sure if this is all rooms or just ours, but we had an exploding toilet. Literally every time we flushed we ended up with water everywhere, even with the lid down, the flush was so forceful it just splashed everywhere, but I would rather that than the alternative. We also had a room for four people, but only towels for three people, seriously this just irritated me, we could have asked for more towels, but this should be a no brainer. There is a Fred Meyer within walking distance, which we used as there was no shampoo and conditioner provided. Lastly, our room was hot a hades, we tried to turn the heat down as low as it would go but we were still stifling, with no option to to open a window, we ended up having to put the air con on. I like it toasty, but this was too much, not sure if it was just our room. All in all the good out weighed the bad, if they work on the guy who worked the front desk Saturday and Sunday on Jan 19 and 20th. I think that would do wonders to improve guests first impression, but the hotel itself is good value for money ( also do something to that pathetic breakfast offering) and I'd consider staying again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that our staff and grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. We will take your review into consideration as we continue to strive toward improving our customer service and breakfast offering. As well, I am sorry to hear about the heating and toilet problems you encountered during your stay. We have looked into these issues so that these problems don’t occur in the future. We strive to provide our guests with all the comforts of home. Toiletries and additional towels are available at the front desk should you need them again in the future.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at foa@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you’re in town.