Pike's Waterfront Lodge
$233
Hampton.com
$154
$149
Best Western Plus Pioneer Park Inn(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
$194
$155
BestWestern.com
Best Western Plus Chena River Lodge(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
$209
$170
La Quinta Inn & Suites(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
$194
Wedgewood Resort(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
$165
$160
$245
1,347 results
All reviewsfree ice creamrestaurant next doorthe riversteam roomchocolate chip cookiesclose to the airportshuttle servicesmall balconyroyal caribbeanfire pitgreat place to stayfree shuttlegift shopnorthern lightsbreakfast buffetmain buildingfront desk staff
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Our stay at Pike's was peaceful and pleasant.
The rooms are great and well maintained. The place itself is located quite scenically by the river and the atmosphere in the place is very cozy and friendly.
The breakfast room and service was good but the buffet itself was somewhat over priced , esp since we don't do heavy morning meals.

The lodge itself is very near the airport which was helpful for car rental. Also, the shuttle service they offered to and from the rail depot and airport was great.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We spent 4 days at Pikes in September, had a wonderful time, the lodge's location was centrally located to all of the various attractions. The staff was marvelous, always friendly and helpful, of a particular note was the young lady who was charged with keeping the breakfast buffet replenished. i later learned that her name was Crystal, she always had a smile even with all of the demands that some of the guests requested. Lobby and rooms were well appointed and clean, particularly loved the warm, fresh baked cookies.

Room Tip: Request river front room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We chose this Lodge based on other TA reviews. We stayed here for 2 nights after coming off of a Cruise/Land Tour. We rented a car to see the sights in Fairbanks. The Manager, Patty Weaver was particularly helpful even before we arrived. I emailed her with several questions about the breakfast and about car rentals in the area. She wrote me back and I could tell that she took pride in her job. She was very helpful in directing us towards a car rental company and answered all of my questions about the Lodge. When we arrived, we were struck with a sense of nostalgia. The Lobby was decorated with over stuffed leather arm chairs and sofas. The walls and rooms in the lobby were adorned with paintings, stuffed animal heads, flowers, a fireplace and all kinds of things from the 50's that gave it a cozy nostalgic feel. The staff at the desk was friendly and offered to give us a wake up call if the Northern Lights appeared. Our room was a Deluxe Riverview King with a small Loveseat sitting area and had a desk, a large double set of drawers, a TV and all bathroom amenities. The room was nicely decorated, clean and very comfortable for two. Upon check in we were given wooden tokens to be used for a free scoop of home made ice cream that was served every evening. It WAS home made and delicious. It was the best Chocolate chip ice cream I have ever had with huge chewy chunks of chocolate. Breakfast was included in our room rate as we arrived just as the winter season started (mid Sept. ) It was fairly extensive with fresh oatmeal, grits, fruits, yogurt, cold cereals, breads and home made muffins, scones and cookies. There was a waffle maker, coffees teas & juices. Very nice and more than adequate to get you started for the day. The grounds were neatly kept. There was a putting green, an outdoor hot tub that was covered for the winter. There was a fire pit surrounded with Adirondack chairs. Next door there was a full service Restaurant/Bar with an outdoor driving range and mini golf course. In addition to the rooms in the main lodge, there are cabins on the grounds that face the River. We were only there for 2 nights but thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Be sure to call to make your Reservation as the website did not offer the AAA/AARP rates. I always call the place we are planning to stay in and ask if they honor those rates. Luckily, they did. We will plan to stay here again if in the Fairbanks area.

Room Tip: Spend a little extra for a Riverview Room. It was nice to walk out on the small balcony and check on the northern lights and to smell the fresh air.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Pikes this summer on business. I have always loved the setting of this hotel. My room was spacious and very clean - I had a little balcony off my room that allowed me to look out onto the river. The front desk staff was very personable, my room was very clean - breakfast was good and the location was perfect. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: asked for a room overlooking the river - on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stay at Pikes almost every year....August and September. The most recent visit with friends, 4 rooms, total of 8 days. All aspects of our stay were outstanding. Clean, well appointed rooms, efficient service; responsive staff, unbeatable location. The grounds are magnificent.

Prior to discovering Pikes about ten years ago, I had stayed at most every similar hotel/lodging in Fairbanks. Nothing can compare to Pikes.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends