“Comfortable Stay and Great Conference Facility”

Pike's Waterfront Lodge
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Fairbanks
GreenLeadersSilver level
Anchorage, Alaska
“Comfortable Stay and Great Conference Facility”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Planned a 3-day workshop for 50 attendees at Pike's last week. The hotel room was comfortable and the service by the hotel staff was excellent. Love the Alaskan artwork throughout the hotel. The conference room was beautiful and fully equipped for our presentations. The staff was helpful and catered to our every need. We asked for breakfast and lunch each day and were served a variety of hot, tasty dishes. I would definitely recommend the hotel and conference facilities to anyone traveling to Fairbanks.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DLHAlaska, Director of Sales at Pike's Waterfront Lodge, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for writing; Ursula, our Food Services and Catering Manager, and her staff does a great job with our meetings. She also enjoyed the different special events such as weddings and receptions. Thank you for writing.
Deborah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Madison, Georgia
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Made a return visit to Pike's last week, first time since last October when I wrote the competition had now overtaken the longtime Fairbanks's hotel, This visit I was pleasantly surprised that they had built a new fitness room with new equipment. While still small its much better then their old one. Of course its convenient location next to the airport and great restaurant make it an easy choice. But the rooms were looking old, although they've started to upgrade them as well. My only complaint was the heat in the room. I literally had to sleep with the window open in January. Still Pike's is finally not resting on its laurels.

Room Tip: You really want a rom in the main building with a restaurant, gym and business center. Its no fun w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bosox61
DLHAlaska, Director of Sales at Pike's Waterfront Lodge, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thanks for your comments on our exercise facility. We tripled the size, added a treadmill to the existing treadmill, bike and elliptical, added a stretching area, Swiss ball and hand weights. I think that it is beautiful and more comfortable with the wall mounted fan and water. Did you notice our new business center, boarding pass check in kiosk and aromatherapy steam room?
Thanks for coming back; home to see you again.
Deborah
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed my first night at Fairbanks Hampton Inn for $100 for an above average hotel plus they had a pool/whirlpool which was nice after a long drive. At the last minute I had to stay another night and checked into Pikes Lodge. Very well run, free gourmet ice cream in the evening, very flexible shuttle service to local restaurants and airport, nice rooms, green star energy award winner and only $80.00 for the three of us. I've stayed at multiple hotels in Fairbanks but found the one I'll return to again and again. Also, fast wireless internet in the room at no additional cost. No reward points but every once while the non-chain hotels are worth it. This one certainly was. BZ!

Room Tip: Ask for the main lodge, river view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Craig L
Alaska
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed at Pikes a year ago and had a problem with the heat and the front desk's response. I posted a very negative review on Tripadvisor and recommended against staying here. Management read my review and contacted me privately in order to make things right. I truely appreciated their follow-up. Any hotel can have a bad day for a problem that makes a client unhappy. It is the response to the complaint that better defines the hotel. Well Pikes management was concerned enough to call me and too discuss my complaint. I turely appreciated that and they turned a poor situation into a positive.

I have now been back two times since my poor stay, most recently last week. Check in was smooth and quick and the clerk was friendly. Rooms are clean and well appointed and for $75/nt in the winter you can't beat it. Hotel is on the river so fun to watch the snow machines running up and down the river.The hotel is nicely located close to the airport and to shopping and several restaurants. Pikes is definitely the place to be in the summer (much more expensive in summer) and is good value in the winter.

The free breakfast is nothing special.

I will return again and can recommend this to others.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sacramento, California, United States
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Pike’s was recommended to us by a frequent Fairbanks visitor, and we were not disappointed.

Our third-floor room allowed us an expansive vista for viewing the aurora borealis, the breakfast buffet (included) was very good, with lots of fruit and hot waffles, and the shuttle service around town was a major bonus. The hallways have wonderful retro-style posters, with stylized wooden log décor. A business center for printing out boarding passes was very helpful.

We’re not sure they’re really the “friendliest” hotel in town, but the well-appointed rooms and close proximity to the airport made it a great transit hotel for us in and out of town.

Room Tip: Third-floor riverside rooms are great!
Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chris A
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed November 17, 2012

For $75 per night, you can stay in a decent, clean and comfortable room with a king bed, desk, sleeper sofa, nice TV, free Wifi, fridge, microwave and plush towels. The staff is very friendly and accommodating and they serve free delicious cookies! We escaped Chena Hot Springs resort and wished we stayed here for both nights of our recent visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Teresa W
North Liberty
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Hotel has no management on sight or security ( or it appears plan) to handle things after hours. On our visit a reunion was using their bar space for a party. After the very loud music continued well after 11 PM (which is the hotels stated cutoff time), I called the desk to inquire what was a happening. Was told point blank that the party was wrapping up. 15 minutes later it was still going strong. After a 2ed phone call that I was given the same story from the front desk and 10 minutes more I went directly to the front desk and was told," there is nothing we can do ... there are a lot of drunk people down there and only 2 ladies to try and stop it." When I and another guest inquired why they didn't just simply pull the plug on the music and that people would then disperse the front desk said" you are welcome to go down there and try to do so yourself." After replying that that was completely inappropriate I was given a card for the manager and assured that the manager would be available to speak with me in the morning. Surprise/Surprise the manager was not there in the morning and was not scheduled to be there and there would be no one in management I could talk to that day about the problem.

It was very clear that the room guest were not the priority at this property. That the front desk staff had no problem directly lying to guest and no planning had occurred to handle a booked group at the bar. Further while guest may be inconvenienced, that no one in authority could be bothered in the middle of the night to handle the situation.

Stay away