We stayed two nights at Pike's while in Fairbanks on our Alaska vacation. The hotel staff and room itself were fine, room seemed pretty clean and was definitely spacious. We had a river view (as requested) and small balcony. The reason I rated it only as "average" was for the smoke smell. Admittedly I'm pretty sensitive to that particular smell, but my husband noticed it too. You could tell that the rooms had previously allowed smokers and they hadn't replaced the carpets or maybe the drapery - something stunk. We were also disappointed with the restaurant next door - way, way overpriced and our food was just "ok." I expected much better seafood in Alaska. The location was directly across the street from the Fairbanks airport, which at first I thought would be very noisy, but we actually never heard a plane, so no issues there, and I would imagine that would actually be very convenient if you're flying in and out of there. We used a coupon from the Alaska Tour Saver book, so paid $195 for our 2 night stay. Overall, the hotel was fine for a couple of nights but if we had planned any longer than that, I might have sought other accomodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your Fairbanks hotel on the Chena River, Pike's Waterfront Lodge. Pike's Waterfront Lodge offers comfortable rooms and cabins many with scenic views, an aromatherapy steam room, riverside decks, restaurant, a comfortable lounge, and wireless Internet in the public areas and sleeping rooms. All rooms have refrigerators and microwaves and are non smoking. We offer Aveda aromatherapy bathroom amenities. Our free exercise room is open 24 hours. The 24 hour gift shop with ATM machine and food items. We have an extensive interpretative sign display on Fairbanks history and ecology of the area. We have firepits, free Bocce Ball, mini miniature golf outside and FoosBall in the game room. We have a 24 hour coin operated laundry facility. Our hotel is minutes from the Fairbanks Alaska International airport, next door to famous Pike's Landing restaurant. We have free shuttle service to/from the airport and railroad station. Northern Lights wake up call available in winter! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pike's Waterfront Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pike`s Waterfront Hotel Fairbanks
- Pikes Waterfront Hotel
- Pikes Waterfront Fairbanks
- Pike's Waterfront Lodge Fairbanks, Alaska