“OMG was this good barbeque!”

Big Daddy's Bar B-Q & Banquet Hall
Ranked #10 of 241 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bellingham, WA
“OMG was this good barbeque!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This has to be some of the best barbeque we've ever had! (maybe THE best). We had lunch here because it was a Diners Drive-ins and Dives spot - but sometimes those ratings can be suspect. Not in this case. We had the pulled pork and the burnt ends (beef) and French fries. The burnt ends (at $9 for half a pound) were a superb value and so yummy I could have eaten the whole half pound - but I had to leave room for the French fries, which were seasoned perfectly and crisply fried. Service was outstanding as well. This place was so good we may go there again tomorrow and get more burnt ends and French fries to go. If you don't go to any other restaurant in Fairbanks, definitely go to Big Daddy's!

Visited July 2013

Oak Park, Illinois
“You Gotta Love BBQ”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Excellent food and the atmosphere is friendly. Service can be questionable. We ate there twice and the first time the service was satisfactory with a different waitress taking our bill. The second
time I think our waitress got lost as they sent another to find her.

Visited July 2013
Fairbanks, Alaska
“HORRIBLE service, it's as if I didn't exist.”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

since this is the THIRD time this year this has happened:

after negotiating the road construction, I stood in line for OVER 5 minutes behind a party of 4, and nary an eye from the staff or a "we'll be right with you"...the BEST part...Harold (the owner) was walking around the restaurant the ENTIRE time. that will be the LAST time that I come in there for food (or otherwise), as no food is worth such shoddy service in the greeting department. I'll be sure to let everyone I see know when they mention Big Daddy's in the future. for shame. no wonder there is such high turnover in staffing there.

Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
“Costco Chicken, Stoned Teenagers, and Fat”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I have lived in Austin, Texas for three years, so I wasn't expecting much from a BBQ joint in Fairbanks, but this went way below my expectations and not just because of the bad BBQ. The first disappointment was that none of the sandwiches came with a side. That was an extra charge. So I ended up ordering a half pound of brisket. My friend went with the Smoked Chicken sandwich. It look us 30 minutes to receive our cornbread, which was actually decent. Unfortunately it took 45 minutes to get our food. I kept looking around to understand why and I couldn't figure it out. It was not crowded and there was plenty of staff. And when the food came out with a simple basket of brisket and chicken on a bun, I was perplexed. The only conclusion I could come up with explaining the long wait, was the cooks in the back that looked like stoned teenagers. First, the brisket was half fat and half dry meat. Second, my friend's chicken literally looked like it had been taken from a rotisserie chicken from Costco and placed on a hamburger bun with nothing else. The only way both entrees were salvageable is because we drenched both with the BBQ sauce, which was also decent. My friend and I are both optimists when it comes to food and we never complain, but this place made us cranky.

Illinois
“enjoyed our meal”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We tried the brisket and the pulled pork...very good food and fun atmosphere. There are sauces at the tables so you can make the sandwiches as spicy as you wish. We enjoyed our meal very much, but all you get is a sandwich. You must order sides at extra fee.