“Sunday Brunch”

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Chena Small Tracts
Transit: Public Bus System route stop.
Description: The Pump House Restaurant offers Fine Dining in a Historice Atmosphere overlooking the Chena river. We are listed on the National Registry of Historic Sites and are the recipient of the DiRONA Award. Seasonal closure - January 1st through February 8th. Reopening February 9th.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We dined at the Pump House in Sept 2019. When we got there, all that was available was the Sunday Brunch. Overall it was a good experience, but not great. There was a nice selection of good food to eat, but nothing really stood out. We had previously dined there in Sept 2011 for dinner and the food was exceptional. If we make it back to Fairbanks, we will stay away from the Brunch and go to dinner instead.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,462)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We found the Pump House after other locations had closed for the season, and were glad we did. There was a large parking lot full of vehicles, a good sign of popularity. We enjoyed a cocktail at the bar during a short wait for our table. The service, entrees, and ambiance are very enjoyable! So glad we stopped in!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had Grilled Salmon, which was delicious, and my husband had Halibut Nuggets which were good but a little dry. Service was excellent. We enjoyed sitting in the Saloon area because the ceiling and bar are ornate. Gives the feeling of an 1800’s Gold Rush Bar. We would totally come back to this restaurant again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I went on a Saturday night without reservations - even though it's considered 'shoulder season' in late September the place was full and we were told it would be a 45 minute wait. We opted to sit at the bar for dinner. He had the blackened halibut with butternut squash risotto (delicious!!) and I had the crab legs. The crab legs were delicious and were served with saffron rice (ok, nothing spectacular) and a big section of broccoli and a few carrots. The crab legs are not cracked so they are a bit more work but were definitely worth it! We shared the strawberry rhubarb cobbler with ice cream for dessert - it was amazing!!

Another night during our trip we were looking to try a different restaurant but the one we had chosen had already closed for the season, so back to the Pump House we went. It wasn't near as busy as it had been on Saturday, but we still opted to sit at the bar. Cocktails were delicious, and the service fast and friendly! My husband opted to have a filet (it was bit underdone vs his requested medium, but he ate it anyway and said it was pretty good) and I had the crab cakes (they weren't bad, but I should have gone with the crab legs). You can get the crab cakes served with veggies & roasted potatoes or from the "bar menu" served with slaw and fries. The fries were delicious; the slaw was OK.

I've seen some reviews mention not getting bread with their dinners - we did not either; none was offered and I didn't see anything on the menu that mentioned it would be included (except for with the seafood chowder).

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

During my week visit in Fairbanks, the Pump House was the best restaurant my family ate at. Everything was delicious from the drinks to dessert! Staff was also excellent in addition to the atmosphere and view.