“Nice restaurant”

Pump House Restaurant & Saloon
Reserve with OpenTable
Pump House Restaurant & Saloon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 256 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Chena Small Tracts
Transit: Public Bus System route stop.
Description: The Pump House Restaurant offers Fine Dining in a Historice Atmosphere overlooking the Chena river. We are listed on the National Registry of Historic Sites and are the recipient of the DiRONA Award. Seasonal closure - January 1st through February 8th. Reopening February 9th.
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Good service and fairly large selection of meat and seafood. Make sure you try the seafood chowder, it was up there with the best we have ever had. We also had the elk meatloaf, reindeer tenderloin, and filet mignon. All were good choices.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,118)

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Surrounded by artifacts of the Mining Industry you will find good, wholesome food served by a friendly group of waiters and waitresses. World class bar with all the standards.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

I live in Fairbanks and so over the years I have gone to the Pump House many times.
The deck which over looks the Chena River is a perfect place to hang out with friends.
The saloon in the winter is also fun times. The only problem is that I'm not a smoker and smoking is allowed in the saloon. They also sell cigars and that can get over whelming when you get a group of people smoking them. I have been pretty lucky and only had to leave because if this a few times.
The food is pretty good but a little spendy.
It's a great place to have a nice meal or just have drinks with friends.

1  Thank kellylmm
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I went to the Pump House for dinner last week and we had planned on spending some time in the bar area after dinner. We like playing pool on their pool tables and when I went to light up a cigar I was told that their "cigar bar" had turned into a "cigarette bar". I was told that some customers complained about the cigar smoke and management decided to stop allowing cigars to be smoked in the bar. But what I can not understand is that they still allow people to smoke cigarettes in the bar area. When I complained about the cigarette smoke bothering me I was told that I could leave if it bothered me that much. If they are not going to let people smoke cigars in their then they should not allow people to smoke their cigarettes there either.

3  Thank jfausmith
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I would recommend this restaurant for sure. Great service, great food. The summers are really really nice to dine out on the deck because it sits right off the river and you can sometimes see small planes landing right there in the water. Also, if you have a boat, you can also dock your boat right up to the restaurant. The only major complaint that I have is during the summer, if you are dining out on the deck, they have issues with bees or wasps. The hive is somewhere under the deck and I believe they should professionally deal with this problem. One day someone is going to have a major reaction to a sting or multiple stings. It is not isolated situation because i frequent this restaurant each and every year summer and winter and they always seem to have this problem. During the winter months, they do not serve lunch. During the evenings, it is a fun place to hang out and have a few drinks with your friends. The ambience is really cool with an Alaskan feel.