“Good Food, Fun Atmosphere”

Pump House Restaurant & Saloon
Reserve with OpenTable
Pump House Restaurant & Saloon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 256 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Chena Small Tracts
Transit: Public Bus System route stop.
Description: The Pump House Restaurant offers Fine Dining in a Historice Atmosphere overlooking the Chena river. We are listed on the National Registry of Historic Sites and are the recipient of the DiRONA Award. Seasonal closure - January 1st through February 8th. Reopening February 9th.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Ate here twice, good food both times. Good service, great decor. Nothing too fancy, but well prepared dishes.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,118)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The location is just picturesque but the food for me left me not very happy ... we went for the brunch yesterday and our bill was about $45.00 and for that price it just was not a hit with me other than my wallet.. the food was way too salty and not enough options... so for me I would not go back... I know Fairbanks can do so much better.....in my opinion....so I would give this place for food a thumbs down... I do not drink but I am sure it is a great place for a relaxing drink....

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We enjoyed our dinner at the Pump House. Great Atmosphere in a historic building. Service was very good and the food was, as well. We had the Seafood Chowder...yummy....Grilled Chicken Denali and Braised Bison Short Ribs. Everything was great. We enjoyed the view and the museum like atmosphere. Great restaurant.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Had dinner here on a Tuesday night. No waiting at 6pm. Hubby started with the tomato soup of the day, then had the halibut. I had the "chicken Denali", which was different in that they left the skin on the chicken breast. Not used to that, I just scrapped it off. After learning that Alaskans LOVE ice cream, we asked for ice cream dessert. They only have vanilla, but Cat our server offered to add chocolate syrup. Total bill was $65 for the two of us-- without drinks.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The best part of this experience was seeing a stuffed 9'8" bear as you enter. Food average to poor. I left feeling like my frozen ravioli at our cabin would have been a better choice. Not the way to feel about a splurge.

1  Thank helayne2121