“A Life Changing trip for my son and I. The very best Aurora Tour! A must do Bucket list item”
Review of The Aurora Chasers

The Aurora Chasers
Ranked #2 of 63 Tours in Fairbanks
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Witnessing Alaska's Northern Lights is an incredible and often once-in-a-lifetime experience. Make the most of it. Come along on an unforgettable journey with Alaska's Northern Lights Specialists, The Aurora Chasers™ as we teach you all you need to know about Alaska's Northern Lights and capturing their majestic beauty in your own captivating images. Do more than take a tour, take a life changing journey with the folks that live, breath and sleep the Northern Lights and come home with the amazing keepsake images that you'll treasure for a lifetime. The Aurora Chasers are Fairbanks original and best Northern Lights Photography Workshop Tour. Don't be fooled by the generic imitation tours that have tried to duplicate our services. Make sure you book with the authentic originals to get the quality tour experience you deserve. Be sure to visit our website for all the details and we'll see you under the magical night skies of Alaska!
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I looked up ways to see the Aurora before we went to Alaksa. As soon as I saw Ronn Murray's tour opportunity I knew it was Exactly what we needed to capture the trip and share it with our family. We learned so much and were treated so incredibly well! I can't wait to do it again and many of our friends are planning to go as well! The Sirius Sled dog tour was excellent as well. It is difficult to find the words!! Life changing! Successful vacation with new Friends!!

All reviews
in 16 reviews
"three nights"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We went "blind" to Fairbanks...no prior arrangements. Just a life long dream to see the Northern Lights. In many ways, the universe was smiling at us. We picked up a brochure for Ronn Murray tours. The rest was magical. Called at the last minute and happened to get two seats in their heavy duty tour van. We took the "photography tour." Ronn and Marketa are in LOVE with what they do and the Northern Lights. It shows. The group was small (6), the van a refuge if we got cold during the tour, hot chocolate as a warm up, and an iPad overview of how the Northern Lights work. I drank in every drop. Their expertise as photographers, patient teachers, and expert "light chasers." Where other tours were packed into large buses and headed out to standard sights, our tour set out to their favorite (read likely to see lights) spots. The lights showed up for us two nights in a row! (I choose to think Ronn and Marketa have some power over them....LOL!) If anyone is going to find a clear spot to see them, and if the lights are dancing, Ronn will get you there. And back. With amazing photographs!! Safely.

3  Thank Tomterifx
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Seeing the aurora is a bucket list item for many but actually making the trip to northern Europe or northern North America to see the lights can be daunting. It can be cold, expensive and time consuming. However, Ronn and Marketa Murray are the individuals to contact in order to have the experience of a lifetime. Do not bother taking aurora excursions offered by other companies because they will not be personalized tours like the tours hosted by Ronn and Marketa.

I felt so sorry for the tourists who sign up with the tour companies who take bus loads of tourists each night to a large cabin not too far from Fairbanks and leave them to their own devices to take the perfect aurora pictures. If I learned nothing else from watching the Murrays, it is that taking a photo to capture all of the aurora beauty is a very technical task and it requires knowledge of the camera settings as well as knowledge of the aurora itself.

I took 4 of their aurora tours during the last week of December and each tour was magical. I saw magnificent auroras 3 out of the 4 nights. Both Ronn and Marketa will do everything in their power to make your experience enjoyable and educational. And yes, their tours are more costly than the regular bus tours which view the aurora each night, but I promise you that this is one time you do not want to scrimp on your vacation. If you are traveling all of the way to Fairbanks to see the aurora, then save your pennies and make sure you have the trip of a lifetime with the Murrays. You will treasure the photos once you return!

4  Thank VolcanoGroupie
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Myself & my wife came all the way from Indonesia to see the aurora and last night we went to Chandalar Ranch with Ronn & Marketa. Ronn delivered a very good presentation about aurora and of course, he took incredible aurora pictures there ! We definitely recommend this tour to all of you guys if you want to have a very memorable pictures of your first aurora experience.

2  Thank eric_sidney
See more reviews
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Went out with Ronn and his wife Marketa twice to catch the Aurora. The first night we didn't see much, and it was -40, but we still had a great time. Ronn and Marketa are extremely knowledgable about the lights and the tour starts with a lesson on understanding everything people know about them. Both husband and wife are also amazing photographers and help out in every way they can to make sure you get the shots you want. Plus, they take fantastic portrait shots of you with whatever is up in the night sky. Aurora hunting is a must do at least once and I would strongly suggest going out with Ronn and Marketa.