“Definitely do this!!!”

The Aurora Chasers
Ranked #3 of 59 Tours in Fairbanks
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Witnessing Alaska's Northern Lights is an incredible and often once-in-a-lifetime experience. Make the most of it. Come along on an unforgettable journey with Alaska's Northern Lights Specialists, The Aurora Chasers™ as we teach you all you need to know about Alaska's Northern Lights and capturing their majestic beauty in your own captivating images. Do more than take a tour, take a life changing journey with the folks that live, breath and sleep the Northern Lights and come home with the amazing keepsake images that you'll treasure for a lifetime. The Aurora Chasers are Fairbanks original and best Northern Lights Photography Workshop Tour. Don't be fooled by the generic imitation tours that have tried to duplicate our services. Make sure you book with the authentic originals to get the quality tour experience you deserve. Be sure to visit our website for all the details and we'll see you under the magical night skies of Alaska!
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I grew up in Alaska, spending 17 years of my life there. I've always seen gorgeous auroral displays, but I moved to the lower 48 before digital photography was reality. Last week I went back to Alaska, with a new digital camera, and decided to go with Ronn and Marketa to learn how to photograph the aurora. It was the best experience, learning how to use the new camera with their expert instruction. I also learned Ronn's methods for predicting the aurora activity, which was fantastic. Unfortunately nature didn't cooperate, and we mostly saw clouds (there was a brief time when the lights were out and we did get some good shots). I feel like I made 2 new friends in Ronn and Marketa and look forward to my next visit to Alaska. I will be going out with them again, no question. Anyone interested in the northern lights and/or photography can't go wrong with Ronn & Marketa.

1  Thank CristynMerry
in 4 reviews
"natural phenomenon"
"cloud cover"

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My fiance and I planned to have our wedding in Alaska and see the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) as the crown of that celebration. This could have not been possible if we hadn't have the luck to finding Ronn in our way (or I should say, in our van). As tourists, we booked some tours with the company that we believe would fulfill our needs in experience and cost, but we never expected someone who was so passionate about his job, and I should say, it didn't felt as a guy working but your best buddy sharing and teaching you what he loves. All the places that he took us, all the stories about Alaska, its people, its history, weather, wilderness and of course the Northern Lights that he told us were amazing and true. I was excited to photograph the Auroras, and during a tour to the Arctic Circle he explained the how, when and why of the lights, he helped set our cameras and even, no matter that we were heading back at midnight took time to shoot some pictures of us with the amazing Auroras as an unforgettable souvenir. Other tours included the incredible pipeline, the scary and famous frozen Dalton Highway (which he drove so safely and careful), the awesome Ice Art Championship at the Ice Park, and the only thing that can't be planned ahead...watching beautiful wild animals like Moose near the road and trying to please everybody with the views of Alaska where everyone wanted to stare for a while. I wish for RM Photography & Tours that soon they have offices in all places that offer natural wonders.

1  Thank EduardoTellezGiron
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were in Fairbanks for a couple of days only. Fortunately we had the chance to See some auroras and thanks to Ronn we have an unique memory of this moment. He took some amazing pictures of the aurora and us in front.

So if you gonna see the aurora in Fairbanks, don't miss to meet Ronn.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were so very spoilt by Ronn and Marketa when we went to Fairbanks earlier this year. We got to see the Aurora, got some incredible photos and we could not have been happier. These guys are fabulous, talented and a lot of fun. Sirius Dog Sleds is an amazing spot to see the Aurora and in our case, get married! I cannot sing their praises enough for making our trip perfect!

1  Thank TrishvanT