“Short review for short visit”

Cookie Jar Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Fairbanks
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 25, 2013

While I was involved in a seemingly endless rehearsal, my wife went to the Cookie Jar for a take out sandwich. She brought back a prime rib sandwich and a side of potato salad for each of us, along with two cups of "juice" (the au jus part) for dipping. The sandwich was recommended by a friend and fully met expectations. I'm not usually a fan of potato salad, but this was excellent. I can't say much about the atmosphere because I was still playing guitar during the whole experience, but the food was certainly good. I had more than I could eat and held over a small part for the next day.

We plan to revisit when we can eat inside. From what I had from this trip, I can certainly recommend the Cookie Jar for the food.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

While it is a little out of the way, it is definitely worth finding. There is a wide selection of menu options. The serving sizes are big. They offer senior and military discounts. It is a "meat and potatoes" comfort food type place. I try to eat here every time I am in Fairbanks. Try the prime rib country fried steak.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Everything my friends and I have ordered here has been delicious. Highlights: quiche, french toast, and sandwiches.
The service is spotty, but if you're not in a hurry--and let's be honest, sometimes we need to just relax--it is hardly noticeable. Very friendly staff. The military discount is a bonus. And, of course, fantastic cookies! We never leave this place without grabbing a few.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

On our recent trip to Fairbanks, AK we happened to find this little gem of a restaurant. Home cooking and comfort foods are on the menu. We enjoyed breakfast and lunch and were never disappointed. The restaurant was undergoing some remodeling but that didn't seem to affect the great service we received.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Good home style cooking, not afraid to use seasonings with their gravy. Very good . Because its so good it is busy and full but the staff works hard and keeps the wait minimal.