“Yummy with great service!”
Review of Bulgogi Grill - CLOSED

Bulgogi Grill
Houston
“Yummy with great service!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Just a little off the beaten path. Pair this with a trip to the Fountainhead Auto Museum.

Visited June 2012

Seattle WA
“Not impressed with Lunch”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I ate lunch here while on business in Fairbanks. I always try to go to a different restaurant every time I travel to Fairbanks and thought that a bowl of soup would be good. I ordered the Seafood Noodle Soup. I was not impressed. I will say that the poriton was large and the soup was served hot. However, it seemed like they just dumped a bunch of cheap ingredients into a hot bowl of broth. Not impressed with the seafood used. I did notice they had a large menu and restaurant was clean but would not recommend going here. Also overpriced in comparison to other restaurants in the area.

• Visited May 2012
Fairbanks, Alaska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New favorite in Fairbanks!”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I've lived here 7 years and just discovered this gem. The noodle bowl is fantastic! Definitely recommend!

Visited May 2012
North Pole, Alaska
“Mama San Ichiban”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Over priced basic noodle soups and other dishes. Nothing very special. I do like the Plum Tea, but not much else.

Boise, Idaho
“Maybe it was a fluke.”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We had heard awesome things about this place. We, however, had a pretty bad experience that's left a bad taste in our mouths.

We both ordered meat dinners, which consisted of sauteed meat (He got steak, I got pork) and egg roll, a scoop of white rice and a pot sticker thing.
My meat tasted like it had been reheated in the microwave. It was dry and chewy and almost tastless. Very bland. His was even worse, dry and chewy and tasted like plastic. Our rice scoops were dry and old. The pot sticker thing was so so. The egg rolls were dripping with oil and weren't crispy at all. We asked for to go boxes and didn't eat the meal.

The service was impersonable. A single lady ran back and fourth from the kitchen, to the register, to the tables. The food came out extremely fast, less than three minutes. Really. That raised the first red flag that maybe it had been sitting out for a while. She didn't really say much, took our order and hussled off. Same when she gave us the food, didn't say a word and just walked away. We didn't have time for refills as we took a few bites of different things and left.

It's the Ichiban NOODLE house, so we're thinking we should give it another try and order it's signiature food. The bowls of noodles looked huge.

The price was way too much for the portions and quality of the food we had. They were about $14 for each plate, which when we packed it up almost untouchd, fit the entire meal into a small dessert to-go box.

One bad experience might be a fluke, since I hear people rave about this place. We'll go back for noodles, but we won't hold our breath.

• Visited May 2011