Review Highlights
Just Short of Magic contributed to our magical weekend

Our group of 6 made a quick trip to Fairbanks in hopes of seeing the Northern Lights. We booked... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Diane C
Irving, Texas
via mobile
Best dog sledding place!

I took my brothers & my husband dog sledding and we had the best experience. The owner is so... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Culture31608887500
Fairbanks, Alaska

Recommended experiences in and around Fairbanks
from $95.00
from $135.00
from $145.00
from $199.00
More Info
All reviews dog sledding half hour tour sled ride mushing school winter gear yukon quest wood stove magical experience warm clothing alaskan experience extra gear snow pants hot chocolate answered all of our questions alaskan huskies stay warm learned how
Reviewed April 8, 2018

Called on a very short notice was able to get a tour, for the 4 of us, to include an 8 year old, from start to finish everything about the establishment, staff, loving friendly dogs etc. Was perfect and extremely professional and friendly. We would highly recommend just short of magic to anyone. A huge thank you to our wonderful informative , kindhearted mushers, Jameson and Christin thank you for making this a trip to remember. My family and I would highly recommend just short of magic to anyone!!!

Reviewed April 8, 2018

Just Short of Magic was recommended by my Airbnb hosts. I knew I wanted to do dogsledding, but then I changed it up and decided to do the dog mushing school. Let me tell you a little trick I use to decide about if I am going to use a company, stay at a hotel, eat at a certain place...before I go, I start interacting with them on Facebook, or via e-mail. And if I get a very invested, positive, interactive response that seems very genuine? Well then, I am all in! Just Short of Magic is actually Totally Magic! In a phone call pre-trip, I had a wonderfully reassuring conversation, and they said I could stay afterwards and just hang out with the dogs! Whaaat? Realllllly??? To a lifelong dog lover, that was a promise of heaven! They were so sweet and enthusiastic beforehand and then when I got there, Wow, Wow, Wow! Everyone was just so warm and loving, and since I traveled solo, this was especially welcomed. There is true magic when we connect with animals, but when people have learned this skill of connecting with love and caring...then the magic is magnified. From the moment I got there and walked in the door, to the moment I sadly had to leave, I immersed in such a wonderful experience and such a great vibe from each person I met. I watched them, how they interacted with each other, and the dogs, and it was all amazing to watch. You could feel the goodness. The dogs love this group of amazing humans (which is very telling) and that love is reflected right back to the dogs...So, I took the mushing lesson with Eleanor. I listened carefully, watched her every move, trying to learn and soak every second in. The exuberance of the dogs was a sight to behold, and to hear! And then when we got out onto the trail...blissful silence, as we shot along on the trail through spruce and birch. Sitting in the sled was great fun, but then sharing a spot on the runner and then...mushing on my own with Eleanor guiding from the seat. THAT WAS MAGIC, magic like nothing I have ever experienced. I stayed on, felt safe and brave and so proud of what I did! It was a powerful, soul-filling, never to be forgotten moment. This is the place to experience magic. That is the absolute truth. Go, do. It will take your breath away! What a thrill and what a heartwarming, incredible adventure...

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed April 5, 2018

Our family had an amazing time! Thank you to the team. The experience was definitely magical! Bucket list checked!

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Elenor and her staff were amazing!! They were so accommodating and caring!! My Mother’s most favorite thing to do other then seeing the Northern Lights! I highly recommend!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Just Short of M... M, Admin Assistant at Just Short of Magic, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

It was great having you and your mom visit from the South Tina! There is not much that we can do to guarantee the view of the northern lights, but we can guarantee that our dogs are always happy to see visitors and to take them on sled dog rides!

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Few business name brands reflect the business model, but this one said it all! Very memorable experience and you can spend as much time with the dogs as you want... Great for kids (I have a teenager who loves dogs).

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank Liem N

Thank you Liem! We understand that having the opportunity to visit dogs makes the sled dog ride experience even more magical! We love our dogs and we know that our guests will too! They are very friendly and love to interact with our guests!